I know it's Friday, but...

shotgunn

Fractal Fanatic
I was at the gym today and Statesboro Blues came on. (Then linkin krap... Yuck!!!!)

Anyway, that made me want to listen to Stormy Monday...

I love the Allman's Filmore version of Stormy Monday - but I wonder if I'm the only guy who likes Dicky's jazzy, more risk-taking solo on it more than Duane's. It's one of my favorite solos ever - starts slow, goes where I don't expect it, and gives a slow burn up to a nice crescendo...

When I worked in a warehouse I had a note on my truck with a big heart on, with monday inside of it.

In fridays I used to go around "alright guys only two more days now then it's monday!" :)

When I worked in a warehouse I had a note on my truck with a big heart on, with monday inside of it.

In fridays I used to go around "alright guys only two more days now then it's monday!" :)
I do the same kind of stuff all the time. I'll say stuff like "I'm not ready for the weekend" or "Thank God it's Monday" and its pretty funny to see the expressions on people's faces.

hahaha sasha! Yeah especially since they were all in friday mode you know, going around smiling wondering what to do for the weekend and

as they listen to you bulding up the sentence "alright guys only two more...." then they're all smiling already raising their eyebrows in joy for what's to come

and when you finish it off with "....then it's MONDAY! :)" that instant disappointment is so priceless! It's as if something terrible just happened, hahaha :D

Also where I work now when we're done for the day, sometimes when there is a lot to do the days gets pretty hard on the legs because we're walking all day.

So when we're about to leave work we have to go up these wide stairs to the wardrobe right? So when we're all in the stairs I start from behind

them all just running like crazy to the top making it number one going "YES!!" haha just instant bad mood and I'm dying with laughter.

They take it cool though, I love my job and the people I work with :)

Oh! By the way (let's say it was on a friday) I was just returning from shopping some food so I return to the front-door of where I live (I live with 3 others) and I see that the handle is being held down from the inside right? Meaning there is someone on the other side of the door on their way in or out.

So I, crazy as I am, see of this whole thing as the perfect opportunity. I sneak up upon the door, make sure I have a tight grip, and with full force just drag the door open as hard as I can.

Not knowing who the person holding it from the inside is (what's the fun in that right?). So it turns out this person on the inside is leaning towards

the door resulting in an almost superman-flying effect where the person gets launched out the door. When I see what turns out to be a "he", I just burst out with laughter having a hard time standing on my legs.

This guy is a date of a girl I live with, so this is the second time I see him in my life. Instead of apologizing or saying I'm sorry, I just can't stop laughing because what are the odds?

The girl saw the whole thing and we're cracking up with laughter as this date is just totally confused like "wtf just happened??".
He was cool with it though.

Yeah, I'm a bit weird I'm afraid.

Last edited:
hahaha sasha! Yeah especially since they were all in friday mode you know, going around smiling wondering what to do for the weekend and

as they listen to you bulding up the sentence "alright guys only two more...." then they're all smiling already raising their eyebrows in joy for what's to come

and when you finish it off with "....then it's MONDAY! :)" that instant disappointment is so priceless! It's as if something terrible just happened, hahaha :D

Also where I work now when we're done for the day, sometimes when there is a lot to do the days gets pretty hard on the legs because we're walking all day.

So when we're about to leave work we have to go up these wide stairs to the wardrobe right? So when we're all in the stairs I start from behind

them all just running like crazy to the top making it number one going "YES!!" haha just instant bad mood and I'm dying with laughter.

They take it cool though, I love my job and the people I work with :)

Oh! By the way (let's say it was on a friday) I was just returning from shopping some food so I return to the front-door of where I live (I live with 3 others) and I see that the handle is being held down from the inside right? Meaning there is someone on the other side of the door on their way in or out.

So I, crazy as I am, see of this whole thing as the perfect opportunity. I sneak up upon the door, make sure I have a tight grip, and with full force just drag the door open as hard as I can.

Not knowing who the person holding it from the inside is (what's the fun in that right?). So it turns out this person on the inside is leaning towards

the door resulting in an almost superman-flying effect where the person gets launched out the door. When I see what turns out to be a "he", I just burst out with laughter having a hard time standing on my legs.

This guy is a date of a girl I live with, so this is the second time I see him in my life. Instead of apologizing or saying I'm sorry, I just can't stop laughing because what are the odds?

The girl saw the whole thing and we're cracking up with laughter as this date is just totally confused like "wtf just happened??".
He was cool with it though.

Yeah, I'm a bit weird I'm afraid.

You're awesome man!!!

I love the Allman's Filmore version of Stormy Monday - but I wonder if I'm the only guy who likes Dicky's jazzy, more risk-taking solo on it more than Duane's. It's one of my favorite solos ever - starts slow, goes where I don't expect it, and gives a slow burn up to a nice crescendo...

Same here man. That slow start is the best. Duane's is awesome, but Dicky's is absolutely face crunching!!! Those bends are so well executed and passionate. Tasty stuff!!!

Back
Top Bottom