I just ordered my Axe FX 3

Very True!

I was expecting some major learning curve from a lot of things I read and saw, but that was not the case. If you come from the rack days and understand how to build a rack and use switchers and where effects go in the chain, the AXE FX III makes total sense is so much easier to plan out your rig. Understanding scenes and switching is where your planning will come into play. That is something one needs to think about the best way to handle on a per song basis or per set basis, or whatever works.

Mine is very easy, I have 8 patches that correspond to my Distorted Rythm tone, my Clean tones+effects (where I used scenes), My lead tones (Scenes again for the use of different effects for different things. The rest are for certain tones I use less often.

I was personally up and running and had my whole 48 space rack setup in my 8 patches and ready to go in a couple of hours. I spent 2 more doing little tweaks the next day for recording and fitting into the mix.

James

Voice of dissent here. If you're good with computers and are not afraid to mess around with the knobs and values on the axe fx you don't need to take any of the classes. People exaggerate how steep the learning curve is and it's really easy to understand how the axe fx's controls work

Last edited:
Hope you got some time!
You are going to need it for the journey!
Welcome & enjoy!!
I spent most of this weekend getting my tones all dialed in. I even recorded several songs using the Axe Fx 3. I am about 90% done getting my presets setup and have my scenes nearly completed. The fact that my Bogner Fish and 2290s were already modeled, made life easy for my lead tones.

It was so easy getting my tones in this thing. I struggled for so long trying to get my Kemper sounding like my rack only to come short every time.

The things I like is the Axe is laid out just like how you would setup a rack with switchers and effects and knowing where you should put each block in the chain just made sense to someone who has built several racks in my day.

I will be sharing my presets on the Axe Change soon. I can't believe I didn't pull the trigger sooner.

Now I have time to finish the Album I have due.

James

Back
Top Bottom