I just got rid of my pedals....

funkle

...and my tube amps may be going soon.

I am really impressed at what a great job the AxeFx does in this department. They all sound fantastic - the univibe, lestlie, octave down, effects sound so authentic and soulful, and the drives are all great too: I like the Tape, FET, Octavia, and TS808. The times I have tried running pedals in front of it have just not been inspiring. The first thing I notice is the drop in sound quality caused by the extra cable with all pedals bypassed (I never really got all the buffering together with my pedalboard). And even my favorite Jetter GSR is surpassed by some of the AF drives. The only pedal I'm keeping is the GSR, because it sounds so great in front of my Badger, but that may be going soon too. And I still have yet to try the AF in front of the Badger, or with a 4 cable setup.

PS: and the cool thing is that I've recovered the cost of the AxeFX in what I'm getting for the pedals!

Ha! Posts like this are total win!
34ig0bd.jpg

VegaBaby said:
I've bought even more since I've had my Ultra ;) . Simply because it takes pedals so well...

My pedal count has trippled since I got the Axe-fx.

I just use them on my old rig. I've been thinking about pulling my eclipse incorporating some of them w/ the switchblade. Notably the Tube Driver and FoxRox Octron.

Oh, you guys kill me. One of my goals in the purchase of the Axe Fx was to do away with my pedals. Right before I sold my Fulltone OCD ver 3, I hooked it up to the Axe and let her rip. I almost called the guy and canceled the sale because it sounded sooooo good. But I didn't and I am continuing to sell. But yes, I imagine others would sound good too, but again, my goal is to make life and set up simpler.

On a similar note, I just upgraded to 5.23 and got new monitors and was playing with some of the presets, and wanted to know what drive block was added to a particular patch, and when I went into edit I discovered there was no drive block, it was just the amp itself being overdriven. Great OD without a drive block!

So, in conclusion, I would bet the Axe would take all sorts of pedals in a great way. But as for me and my house I am going to fight the urge, liquidate, and find the tones I want inside the box... and I doubt I will ever be unsatisfied (at least that is the current version I am telling my wife) ;) .

jiagap said:
So, in conclusion, I would bet the Axe would take all sorts of pedals in a great way. But as for me and my house I am going to fight the urge, liquidate, and find the tones I want inside the box... and I doubt I will ever be unsatisfied (at least that is the current version I am telling my wife) ;) .

me too. but she cant believe it, she thinks that this is only a time metter and being affraid that in one year i'll be back with the stuff buy :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom