Wish I hope there will be no delay when the AX8 switches the tone

There is not delay. There is an audio mute on purpose. This is not something that will be fixed anytime soon.

I'm sorry but I can't understand why this continues to be an issue that users can't seem to deal with. No one denies it's there but it is simply not as detrimental as some try to make it out to be and not that difficult to work around. I had one song last weekend that required amp X/Y state changes 6 times and a total of 12 scene changes. I didn't have more than a beat to make all of the amp changes and 10 of the scene changes and the "delay" was never an issue.

The ONLY time I could see it being an issue is if the preset/amp/scene change is made during a sustained note or chord. If that's what is creating the problem, there are issues of musicianship that should probably be addressed.

The ONLY time I could see it being an issue is if the preset/amp/scene change is made during a sustained note or chord. If that's what is creating the problem, there are issues of musicianship that should probably be addressed.

Sorry, but this is close to raising the middle finger. It might not be a problem for you and the audience but it might well be an issue for others.

Sorry, but this is close to raising the middle finger. It might not be a problem for you and the audience but it might well be an issue for others.
Sorry to have offended you. But it is my belief that a lot of what are touted as flaws or shortcomings are more operator error than actual device issues.

Sorry to have offended you. But it is my belief that a lot of what are touted as flaws or shortcomings are more operator error than actual device issues.

I do agree that the importance of the gap is frequently overrated. But I'd prefer not to have it.

I do agree that the importance of the gap is frequently overrated. But I'd prefer not to have it.
Completely agree, it would be great if there wasn't a gap. I understand this is simply a wish but this has been discussed several times and there have been many suggestions of how to minimize it. I am not discounting the issues some have with it and I know that some find it a deal-breaker but it is definitely something that can be worked around.

I agree. It's not a critical issue, but for me is anoying. I have a lot less powefull TC Electronic G-System, and de transitions between patches are imperceptible if they don't differ too much, but with my AX8, if I want to change the amp from X to Y with the same amp but any slightly difference (gain, for example), you have this ugly mute time. And yes: in some cases I used to mantain a note between two songs we use to play linked together, and we had to avoid this kind of transition in order to avoid de anoying mute time.
(And, please... sorry for my bad english)

Back in my hardware days there would be loud audible pops when I’d switch amp channels, active effects etc. In comparison the Ax8 is quite imperceptible in changing to me, especially in a band mix.

Yes you can hear a slight gap at home, when your listening for it, but playing live I can’t see how anyone in the audience is going to raise a fuss because the one guitarist tone dropped out for a second lol

That said, I’m sure part of the reason there is the III is so that for folks who find it to be an issue can have a means of 4 channels with seamless switching

Back in my hardware days there would be loud audible pops when I’d switch amp channels, active effects etc. In comparison the Ax8 is quite imperceptible in changing to me, especially in a band mix.

Yes you can hear a slight gap at home, when your listening for it, but playing live I can’t see how anyone in the audience is going to raise a fuss because the one guitarist tone dropped out for a second lol

That said, I’m sure part of the reason there is the III is so that for folks who find it to be an issue can have a means of 4 channels with seamless switching

Well I didn't knew FX III solves this... I prefer not to pay much attention to gear I can't pay for... :_(

Back
Top Bottom