I HAVE CONVERTED

pamisano

Inspired
So I just got my MFC-101 and had my first rehearsal with it yesterday and...wow, how did I survive without this thing. I was using a VooDoo Labs GCP, which, for what it is, is a great midi controller. However, programming the presets in the AxeFxII and then having to also program everything in the GCP, was a pain, especially when you rearrange a song list or change presets requiring changes in the GCP, got to be a pain.

I use my iPad with my AxeFxII and wow, how much easier it is with a true full sync of the AxeFxII and the controller...LOVE IT!!!

So, what tips and tricks does everyone have???

So, there are a couple ways to connect it. You can use the iRig midi cable and midi bridge with Lemur and AxeforLemur. Or you can connect wirelessly to a laptop that is connected via USB and running the Lemur daemon. Now, with the MFC-101 I can use the iRig cables and connect direct.

What does lemur do that axe edit doesn't do? Curious how you guys are using this live. I use my iPad at gigs ALL the time, so it'd be cool to bridge the two.

For me, the main piece is the ability to set "Favorite" presets in AxeForLemur. Then no matter what patch/bank I am on I simply touch that Favorite and I am there, rather than doing the pedal dance and trying to jump quickly from preset 40 to preset 4. And, with total sync engaged the preset and banks are all in sync, which is beautiful!

The functionality is pretty similar to AxeEdit with regard to settings and changing them on the fly. However, with AxeforLemur you can't delete/add blocks and such, just change the settings in the block. But having a touch screen makes it a lot easier than using a laptop.

Let me know if you have any questions: pamisano@att.net

Pete

Back
Top Bottom