I hate to be petty, but I have to ask...

Hey guys,
I have one too :D
When I turn the input potis they seem to make noises (LEDs blinking) and past 2 oclock I can even hear the noise. Do you guys have this too? Is this normal?

Cheers

curious_cat said:
Hey guys,
I have one too :D
When I turn the input potis they seem to make noises (LEDs blinking) and past 2 oclock I can even hear the noise. Do you guys have this too? Is this normal?

Cheers

Normal.

I had the same problem. I ran sideways into the plugged in cable once and the whole jack was crooked. I realized that the winding is made of plastic and was thereby completely screwed-up. So I considered soldering a new standard metal input, which shouldn't be too complicated since the input is chassis mounted.

So I asked the guy from G66 about this and he explained: the reason for the jack, being made of plastic is simply to separate the ground of the input from the chassis.

You can replace the jack to a more solid one, which is made of metal BUT then your ground-lift switch will be useless! :!:
I recommend: Go ask your Fractal-Dealer for a new AXE-FX input jack, which has got the internal cable attached so you can simply replace the old one from the mainboard without any soldering. The connection is simply made by plugging (It seems the Input plug was designed to be easily replaced... very smart by FAS!)

Hope this helps! ;)

PW-GRA-20.jpg

I have had three Ultras, and my best friend has had 2. Each have that same loose feeling input jack. So I would guess it's normal.
Also I wanted to mention on my first Ultra (bought almost 2 years ago) When you turned off the power, the screen would have those black lines going across the display. But....
On the last 2 I have owned (the one I currently have I bought just last week), this is no longer the case. When you turn the power off, no lines. The screen just goes blank right away. Also, the newer units have clicky style buttons instead of the soft, noisless touch ones. I like the clicky better myself.
Also the units ship with a new bound manual instead of the binder style that looked like it was done down at kinkos. The new manuals are for version 8 and later.
When you turn the input knobs the input LED's will still flicker. No noise, just the meters flicker.
No USB, head phone jack or 44.1 sample rates yet.
:roll:
Also, the internal fan is still loud to me!!
:shock:
Other than that it's the same great machine!!
:D

-Chris

ctyelvis said:
I have had three Ultras, and my best friend has had 2. Each have that same loose feeling input jack. So I would guess it's normal.
Also I wanted to mention on my first Ultra (bought almost 2 years ago) When you turned off the power, the screen would have those black lines going across the display. But....
On the last 2 I have owned (the one I currently have I bought just last week), this is no longer the case. When you turn the power off, no lines. The screen just goes blank right away. Also, the newer units have clicky style buttons instead of the soft, noisless touch ones. I like the clicky better myself.
Also the units ship with a new bound manual instead of the binder style that looked like it was done down at kinkos. The new manuals are for version 8 and later.
When you turn the input knobs the input LED's will still flicker. No noise, just the meters flicker.
No USB, head phone jack or 44.1 sample rates yet.
:roll:
Also, the internal fan is still loud to me!!
:shock:
Other than that it's the same great machine!!
:D

-Chris
You forgot the new bolts on the front and the serial number being on the outside. :D
(interesting about the lines on the screen -- i figured that was just inherent to the type of display being used, but maybe Cliff found a better one!)

ctyelvis said:
Bolts? Were they silver before? I don't remember.
Also the Ultra silkscreening looks a little bolder now too.
;)
nah, just a new pair or reinforcing bolts in the front center of the unit
there was a pretty funny thread about it a while back, but i'm not feeling like digging it up again :p
(and for the S/N thing, I'm not even sure if that was ever any different for the Ultras... possibly only the Standards ever had the S/N on the inside)

Back
Top Bottom