I ended up being gifted a pair of Alto TS310 powered cabs, very low output

jzucker

Experienced
Please no comments about how crappy alto cabs are. I know they are not the greatest.

My previous setup was/is a quilter TB202 head going into a pair of 1x12 mojotone cabs with mesa blackshadow 90 (celestion) speakers.

That setup seems to be 2x the output of the altos.

I'm running into the effect return on the quilter and the main line in when I switch to the altos.

I'm using out2 and have it set for line level.

Any thoughts?

I have used Alto speakers for years...TS212s for mains and TS310s for mains/monitors as needed. They are currently in my music room as monitors! Cheap and easy.

Can't imaging these being low output...they are 2000 watts. I can barely have mine up to about 8-9 o'clock on the dial with my fractal.

Unless something is wrong with the Altos? They should be screamin'

Check cables...or maybe check altos with a diff sound source?

Do you have the front panel knob for Output 2 turned up? Also check if Output 2 is set to +4 dBu or -10 dBV. The former is nearly 4 times the signal level.

Do you have the front panel knob for Output 2 turned up? Also check if Output 2 is set to +4 dBu or -10 dBV. The former is nearly 4 times the signal level.
i mentioned that in the OP. I am using line (+4) for the out2. I have output 2 set to about half way on the top of the unit which is typical and also which produces a pretty reasonable output going into my DAW with the daw inputs also set for line and about 50% up although that doesn't tell you much without knowing the gain characteristics of the daw preamp.

Please no comments about how crappy alto cabs are. I know they are not the greatest.

My previous setup was/is a quilter TB202 head going into a pair of 1x12 mojotone cabs with mesa blackshadow 90 (celestion) speakers.

That setup seems to be 2x the output of the altos.

I'm running into the effect return on the quilter and the main line in when I switch to the altos.

I'm using out2 and have it set for line level.

Any thoughts?
What are the alto volume knobs set to?

Probably not helpful, but I used to use two Alessis 12" powered monitors, which are slightly up-branded Altos, same company. I didn't have this problem.

Back
Top Bottom