I don't say thank you enough...

Darren N

Dear Fractal and forum members,

I have to confess that I'm one of the lazy ones who hoped to avoid the front panel after so many years of using older effects processors. Remember the Art SGE Mach II?

Anyway, thank you for the work you are doing. After so many years of collecting gear it's absolutely incredible what is happening today, technology-wise.

Thank you for the interim Axe-Edit and the IRs and MIMIC. And a host of other things that make imagination not cost $50+-a-pop every time you think of a new sonic frontier to explore.

It matters and it's appreciated.

Have a good vacation.

Sincerely,

Darren N

Remember the Art SGE Mach II?

Gahhhh I'd forgotten I even had one of those until you mentioned it!!! One of the reasons I sold it for an ART SGX 2000 because I was going a bit nuts programming the SGE and the SGX had knobs. Traded the SGX for a really nice Carvin MOSFET 1000W power amp so it all worked out for me ultimately...

Appreciate you taking a listen! No, that was all POD Pro.

So you can imagine how excited I am at the opportunities we have available now. It's staggering.

Art SGE Mach II- biggest gear disappointment. I had a nice JCM 800 and overdrive pedal sounded so good. I thought, if i get this Art, i will have every effect on the planet. I was super excited to get it. I pluged it in and that thing sounded so bad. It sucked all the tone right out of that amp. I played with that thing for a month. Finally the singer yelled "that thing sounds like shit" and that was the end of that. Its still a running joke with us. Later on i got the POD. That was OK, not great, but OK. Now i have the AXE and couldn't be happier. Sometimes its nice to realize how good we have it!!!

I hear what you're saying. There were certainly presets that gave you that "Ugh" feeling the moment you heard them.

But, like the Axe fx is to many of us, you have to get under the hood to find "the" sound. I certainly feel I found a couple in the SGE. And I made a few work for what I like.

I wonder if, gear-wise, I should be on "Hoarders." It's hard to hate anything if it has a place.

I certainly feel like the Axe fx will solve the "clarity" issues I've had and still suffer from.

Anyway, I'm not really bashing the SGE for what it was and is...I'm just thankful I can edit in a more graphical sense rather than linear now. :)

Heaven forbid, we find ourselves looking back in twenty years and berating the Axe fx!!!

By then, we should be able to just grunt and the equipment will be able to perfectly understand. :)

Back
Top Bottom