I don't really believe in profiling anymore...

The best tool is the one that lets you create your art.

If you can do that with a Walmart guitar and a li'l smokie, go for it.

If it's the AxeFX, or the QC, or the Kemper, or the Helix, or plug-ins, or whatever, that's great too!

Your listeners aren't going to care what you used, but they'll care how you play, and if a different tool helps that... then it's the right tool.

Life is short. Play guitar.

The best tool is the one that lets you create your art.

If you can do that with a Walmart guitar and a li'l smokie, go for it.

If it's the AxeFX, or the QC, or the Kemper, or the Helix, or plug-ins, or whatever, that's great too!

Your listeners aren't going to care what you used, but they'll care how you play, and if a different tool helps that... then it's the right tool.

Life is short. Play guitar.
Best post here !
Thanks

Had a kemper, gave it a year. Sold it and bought a AF3 instead. My main gripes were the effects, the remote controller and the fact that each profile was fairly limited in the scope you could get from it. People get really caught up in buying every profile from every creator out there because of some buzzwords like IPA beer or Overdrive pedal manufacturers.

My first 'modeling solution' was a Kemper because I didn't want to tweak and tweak. Turned out it was worse, because instead of turning an EQ knob I was auditioning a dozen profiles with obscure names (+++ vs + vs...), then I'd need to audition a dozen more for the next sound. I absolutely hated the entire process and went back to my amp and Power Station.

Eventually got a FM3 (waiting on the Turbo waitlist) and aside from building an approximation of my favorite real head (an Ampeg V4) I don't really tweak any more than I do with a real amp.

I also didn't want to muck about with IRs but once I found a greenback set I liked (from York), I don't really have to make that many decisions there. It works for me for every amp but Voxes where I just use the stock IRs. (If someone did a good IR set with Scumback M75-PVCs I wouldn't be mad though...)

Back
Top Bottom