I don't normally try to predict things but.....

...Superior bonus skills if it can also double as a MIDI switcher.

Uhm, I like the small form factor of todays AX8 and adding sockets would most likely require a bigger housing. If push comes to shove I'd prefer to have more in- and outputs instead.

I still am curious what do you cut out
Current AX3 is 2250

I think AX8 MK2 or AX6 you want to get down into Helix territory at 1599
Maybe $100 higher

Uhm, I like the small form factor of todays AX8 and adding sockets would most likely require a bigger housing. If push comes to shove I'd prefer to have more in- and outputs instead.

I meant it having similar MIDI capabilities as the FX-8 and MFC-101, not have the same number of in- and outputs as the Axe FX. For that you only need a MIDI out socket.

would you pay $3500? just curious.

Whoever buys the FC-12 for their AFXIII that they paid $2500 for, is already close enough to $3500......so you have your answer.

On a separate note.....it seems the AFXIII has a new regular price of $2249. Black Friday & November is over, but yet the "sale" remains:cool:

Whoever buys the FC-12 for their AFXIII that they paid $2500 for, is already close enough to $3500......so you have your answer.

On a separate note.....it seems the AFXIII has a new regular price of $2249. Black Friday & November is over, but yet the "sale" remains:cool:
i'm always curious though. people have stated "i'll take a ___ and will pay any price." then i ask about a reasonable price and they say "what, no way."

I am still curious to the question
To you guys if they said here is AX6
But it doesn’t have xxxx features of the 3 what could you live without ??

Could it be a 4 in 4out interface
Headphone jack
Could you live w 6 buttons
1 Amp 2 channels like the AX8 currently

Headphone jack
I can see how someone who's coming from something like an AmpiFire box would love to upgrade to a hypothetical AX6... same buttons, way better device ;-). But for me...

1 - I'd prefer it had some kind of interface. I don't reamp very often, so even a 2x2 would probably suffice for me. But I'd love to not need a separate one.
2 - I could but would prefer to have a headphone jack.
3 - No - 6 is too few buttons, too many menu changes.
4 - No, I'd really want at least 4 amp channels. 1 amp w/ 4 channels, or 2 w/ 2, either would be perfect.

I'd at least prefer an AX12. I make it work w/ the AX8, but even having 4 more switches would be a big improvement to my workflow and patch/footswitch layout. I'd love to have enough cpu to not need to use the Spring Verbs most the time (there are so many great reverbs, and Cliff may create the shimmer, ;-). But as we know, they use up too much of the cpu on the 8.

Something about equal in power to the XL+ would probably suffice, although I don't know exactly how much it can do (I have a 1st gen II) and whether thats a useful way to make a comparison.

edit to add: and if the scribble strips could be a bit larger, or accommodate more than 10 characters would be a major plus!

Last edited:

Headphone jack

They should just do what they did with the AX-8, cram as many features and DSP of the Axe 3 into a similar floorboard, not a smaller one. This is not an Apple product with one button fits all. You need a decent amount of switches to assign and work with. AX-8 users didn't get theirs to record and re-amp with, its geared towards live use. And not enough switches in that context is just as bad as too many.

I think the next gen floor processor will have:
- Half the power of the Axe FX III because it will have to be built on a processor that doesn't need a fan.
- This will still be a significant jump from what the AX-8 can do.
- 12 switches (built off of the FC-12) but unless they make the case deeper that might have to sacrifice switches for the display.
- Color display (probably the same one as the Axe FX III because they already have that down)
- USB audio because it's expected.
- Headphone jack - see above.
- 4 pedal inputs

I also suspect that Fractal will make an smaller version of the above to tap into the Atomic market for people that want even less than an "AX-12".

One thing I think that makes it somewhat easier is the new ax3 Front panel already slimmed down the number of buttons from prior

If FC6 is as big as a piece of paper
As Cliff said that pretty good size
With likely more on screen parametets less buttons to futz with

I’ll bet color screen slightly smaller than 3 but w the mini knobs under it like AX8

Back
Top Bottom