I do not need another guitar…

mwd

Power User
I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar.

So after watching @ccroyalsenders Axe III lessons I am really digging those Music Man guitars. I realize that Cooper could make a cardboard box sound good but Facebook keeps plastering ads in front of me and I gave in to the click bait and fell in love (visually) with that turquoise Cutlass model.

So I’m wondering if anyone has experience with this model and as well I’m kinda’ torn on HSS or SSS setup. Thoughts?

PS… if anyone is on the fence about the Axe III Lessons or Austin Buddy Naked Presets don’t be. Outside of the Fractal itself these are the best investments I’ve made.

GC had a killer deal on these a while back, and I looked at them, read some, but wasn't sure about the whole battery powered silent circuit thing. I ended up going with a 2016 American Deluxe Strat, and no complaints. I do like the Music Man neck on my JP6 a lot. I think MM instruments are really high quality, and I doubt you'd be unhappy with it.

I figure I'm really not going to waste away if I don't eat lunch today, but I'm still going to eat it...

Likewise, I don't "need" another guitar, but I'm sure I'll still buy another one sooner or later lol

I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar. I do not need another guitar.

So after watching @ccroyalsenders Axe III lessons I am really digging those Music Man guitars. I realize that Cooper could make a cardboard box sound good but Facebook keeps plastering ads in front of me and I gave in to the click bait and fell in love (visually) with that turquoise Cutlass model.

So I’m wondering if anyone has experience with this model and as well I’m kinda’ torn on HSS or SSS setup. Thoughts?

PS… if anyone is on the fence about the Axe III Lessons or Austin Buddy Naked Presets don’t be. Outside of the Fractal itself these are the best investments I’ve made.
I Have the SSS elite Stratocaster and love this guitar the noiseless 4 pickups are great it has such a warm smooth sound.
But I also like the HSS and would love to have them both.
But I have a custom Ibanez with hum-bucker pickups and that thing will really put a smile on your face lol.
If you can go down to your local music store I’d recommend going and playing both of them. That is how I made up my mind because I love both HSS & SSS Guitars . You can’t go wrong with either one of those guitars. ;)image.jpg

If you can go down to your local music store I’d recommend going and playing both of them.
I would so love to do that but I'm in Ruralville. 250 miles round trip from the nearest 'kinda ok' music store and I seriously doubt they would even have one.

Sounds to me like you need to get yourself a Cutlass. I love my Cutlass so much I’m thinking of getting another in HSS.

I would so love to do that but I'm in Ruralville. 250 miles round trip from the nearest 'kinda ok' music store and I seriously doubt they would even have one.
Hey MWD
Well that’s a bummer that it’s a long way to your closest music store.
Well the SSS is an awesome guitar it to me is so much different than the older strats. To me the sound is mellower than the American Standard.
You can get so much more tone out of the SSS you get the five way switch which is closer to an older strat and when it is not active it is a much smoother mellower sound. In my humble opinion.
And with the HSS you get the best of both worlds noiseless 4’s and a Hum Buckner either one are Awesome guitars.
And I guess that your tast in music is another part of the equation.
I wish I could be of more help to you they are awesome guitars. :D

Most EBMMs have a very small nut width. The only ones with a usual nut width are the JPs.
Before you buy, try if you prefer narrower or wider.

BTW, you don't need another guitar. :)

Reactions: mwd
Back
Top Bottom