I did something bad :evil - Fake Blown Dumble Amp content

crg123

Experienced
Mean Old Tom - I did something bad :evil - Fake Blown Dumble Amp content

Warning: Not Pleasant hahah

So long story short I thought it'd be interesting to experiment with the Modifiers and the way they respond to your picking strength and the notes being played. I have also always thought of making a patch that almost purposely sounds like a blown up amp (I use to be a big Blue cheer / acid rock fan and love noisey fuzzy sounds).

Anyway I also thought it'd be funny/interesting to take the a Dumble model and try everything I could do to make it sound like sonic chaos. I chose the Dumble because I figured it'd be the least appropriate to make this kind of sound with, but it worked really well actually. Used with one of the factory (XL) 1x12 Tweed model cabs. Lots of Bit reduction, fuzz, lowered sampling, pitch shifting and modulation.

I did a quick recording of it, as you'd expect it's very noisy and not for the faint of heart - just kidding - but people who enjoy some late 80's/ early 90's Stoner Doom might dig it. Mostly just posting it because I was amused with it and figured I'd share. I like making Lo-fi sounding stuff with the Axe Fx because I find it interesting that it reacts like a real rig would if you were to dial in the "wrong" settings.

I set it in the clip so all the crazy modulation happens only when playing the upper notes heavily which you can tell from the clip adds to the wackiness of it.

Clip:

Patch: Axe-Change - Download Preset - MEAN OLD TOM - CHOATIC FUZZ - by crg123

XL Only. I know you're so sad you can't have it :lol - ya right.

Name and sound inspired by Maine Beer Company's Mean Old Tom Stout - I was talking to my friend and thought that sounded like a great patch name. The idea was to just use a classic sounding amp and cab, then crank it until its unrecognizable. From there it become another experiment when I started adding in the modifiers.

maine-beer-company-mean-old-tom-stout.jpg

Last edited:
Haha no I think itd be too unfair to the other contestants. Hahahha. It's too beautiful. :lol

Edit: Lol it's funny because it sounds AWFUL through computer speakers but through my JBL studio monitors it sounds huge. The bass response really helps it out. I didn't think I would initially but I like it. It's really fun to noodle with. Especially Stoner Rock/ Stoner Doom type riffs

Last edited:
So some what OT. I ended up just getting a walrus audio Janus (fuzz/tremolo with joy stick control)

Can't wait to have fun with this thing!

untitled-1.jpg

I wonder what this will sound like in front of a cranked G3d Dumble :p

Back
Top Bottom