I can't remember a bigger more anticipated guitar gear release then this.

sarge

Power User
Maybe it is just that I don't follow as much gear release related info as most, but I can't remember a more anticipated release of guitar gear then this.

Probably the closest I remember was the Mesa Mark V. That was a pretty big deal, but this just seems bigger.

I wasn't paying much attention when the standard and Ultra came out. I have owned my Ultra now for just over a year, and it is without a doubt the most practical piece of guitar equipment I have ever owned.

With the Axe II I was initially going to hold off and wait till Xmas.

Screw that!

I am probably checking the yahoo store 40 times a day, maybe more (just in case...).

And this is very unlike me. I tend to go against the grain when it comes to guitar gear. I'm the guy who bought the Electra Dyne with the single set of knobs for three modes while everyone else was falling all over themselves for the Mark V with it's three channel, three modes per channel, graphic eq etc...

For me I am not even looking at it from the improved tone aspect. I have a hard time believing it can really get that much better then the Ultra.

But think about it. For 200$ more you get USB (this by itself is huge) so you no longer need that recording interface, You get a headphone jack. You get all the extra IR's along with 50 use IR slots. The dry signal signal to use for re-amping later (I can not wait to use this!!!!). Plus a bunch of other upgrades i can't even think of now.

And most importantly, the next few years of free firmware upgrades, new amps, new features.

That is a hell of a lot for only a 200$ increase in price.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just pumped!!!

For me it's because the ultra cured all my amp gas for 2.5years, now that I've sold it I'm going out of my mind for the release of II.
Now if cliff only made a modeling guitar as well.

This is by far the only piece of gear of I have ever waited for a countdown, or specific release date. Everything else has always been "that looks cool, guess I'll look into one one day".

The entire Fractal experience has been the most exciting in guitar gear for many years.
Axe II is the new direction, the one that will get all the new updates and support.
I could not bear to sit on the sidelines and watch while the greatest guitar show on earth
moves on without me.

The release of the Mesa Mark V was high up there for me with this being a equal or more. Mesa was a few months behind from their original release date and they were hard to find for the first year, mine was one of the first runs but sold it to buy a Ultra a few months ago.

You guys must not have been around back in 2006. We waited a long time for the Ultra. Lots of hype and "frothing" then as well. It's even more elevated now because the Axe-Fx has a much wider base than it had back then.

I have to agree with the GAS sentiment around here. I first learned of the AXE FX Ultra back in 2008... since then I've been saving my hard earned dough for quite a while. (unfortunate events that required me to use my saved money have prevented me from getting one up to this point) I was nearly ready to purchase an ultra a couple months back, but learned my bank wouldn't raise my purchase limit.... wow what a blessing in disguise that was, hah! Since then I've slowly transferred my money to a visa purchase card and am ready to pull the trigger come **HOPEFULLY** June 6th. I, along with many other people, will be camping the yahoo store in hopes to make this AWESOME purchase!! Cliff please make as many as possible for this first wave! I've been reading of Liam's efforts (working over memorial weekend) to keep up with our demand. This is really a sickening disease (GAS)... it drives me nuts thinking about finally plugging my axe into one of these bad boys!!!!!

Yeah, going nuts here. I sold my amp (and some other stuff) a few weeks ago to afford an Axe II and I'm currently playing through a Boss ME-50! Don't even know what the go is on international availilbility yet. Oh the humanity!

:eek:

I honestly didn't hear about the Axe-Fx until the end of summer last year ... :( after that I researched and listened to demos and finally caught the Ultra in stock in October...... and I can say as much as I like the ultra and was excited I'm mucho more excited about the II x10, it fixes everything that made me a little reserved about buying the Ultra.. I can't wait and hope that everyone thats been camped here in the forum get one of the first run :)

+1 literally. When I voted in that poll I didn't think I was going to be able to get one, but now it looks like I will (hopefully) be in on the first run :)

Cheers
+ 2, I honestly don't remember if I voted, but if I did it would have been yes but some time down the road.

Hopefully 300 then :)

I think that number would be entirely inadequete. For every one of us active posters on the Forum, there are 2-3 lurkers. I understand the European distributor, G66, has around 500 pre-orders already. Cliff could sell 1000 in the first week. Maybe the first couple days.

I think that number would be entirely inadequete. For every one of us active posters on the Forum, there are 2-3 lurkers. I understand the European distributor, G66, has around 500 pre-orders already. Cliff could sell 1000 in the first week. Maybe the first couple days.

I'm sure you're right. I just hope everyone that wants gets one, some are discouraged easily. I had to restructure some finances but if something happens I can't get one I'll be watching for the 2nd batch. but hopefully we'll be old pros (well maybe not since I'm still a novice with the ultra) before the 2nd run comes in :)

Maybe it is just that I don't follow as much gear release related info as most, but I can't remember a more anticipated release of guitar gear then this.

In the beginning the wait was a frenzy. I waited 6 months (3 days 12 minutes) for my Ultra. Many overseas buyers waited over a year during the handbuilt days as Cliff geared up for increased production. In reality every release of a new Fractal product has been much anticipated.

Back
Top Bottom