I asked my dog if he could hear the difference between Axe-FX II and a real amp

Wanna know what's even more frightening? Look at the view count on that YouTube video of "The Fox."
It's gone viral. And it was in the charts several weeks. You guys need to leave your room every now and then.

On the other hand, who the fuck listens to recent pop music?

It's gone viral. And it was in the charts several weeks. You guys need to leave your room every now and then.

On the other hand, who the fuck listens to recent pop music?

As a 20-year-old, I'm pretty aware of that already lol. I was just informing the geezers who hadn't seen it before. ;)

As for modern pop in general, eh yeah. It all sounds the same (which is partly what "The Fox" was making fun of; it's a parody after all), but pop has it's place. "Young whippersnappers," as you might refer to them, enjoy being able to dance: and that's about as deep as it gets. :lol

Wow. At least we had the decency to do it as comedy! ;)

BTW, I'm including Boyzone, Westlife et al as comedy....... :D

That was great! :)
What did you use for drums? The kit sounds awesome.
Did you use the Axe for bass as well?

EDIT: Of course, if I had just read the info on YouTube I would have answered all those questions!
So now, I propose another: Will you share patches? :eagerness:

Bass was a G&L 5-string through the Axe-FX. I tone matched it with one of my favorite bass sounds to get it to sit better in the mix.

I think the final drum kit had 4 layered samples on the snare and kick each. 3 snare samples were Steven Slate and 1 was from Toontrack Metal Foundry. Sometimes I can get what I want by just by EQ'ing a single snare. Other times I just layer via trial and error until I get the sound I want. Same with the kick.

I can probably share my Reaper track template for the drum kit on Dropbox if anybody wants it. But you'd need to have the Steven Slate 4 and Superior 2.0 (+ metal foundry) plugins installed for it to be of much use.

I could share the Axe-FX II patches...but I put the amp and cab settings in the video so you could just build them yourself :).

Thanks!

great stuff as usual
I should just pay you to come over here and program some drums for me (I'm literally 20 minutes away :) )
your drum tracks always sound great

Funny post and great video. The cleanish chime guitars are so good. Was wondering the whole time "how long did it take to do the drums"...it's such a pain. Great job

The chorus is probably too happy and major key for the metal folks around here. I'm going to try to be more angry in the future

Stay happy and continue listen to your dog! It's something different to what you hear elsewhere! I like the song very much! And give a smile in the camera the next time...... ;) ...and hug the dog! :eagerness:

Funny post and great video. The cleanish chime guitars are so good. Was wondering the whole time "how long did it take to do the drums"...it's such a pain. Great job

Thanks!

The clean chimey guitar in the beginning was actually my G&L Legacy in pickup position #2. The PRS 408 you see in the video has a nice coil split tone but the Legacy just has fantastic vintage style single coil pickups for that type of classic bridge/middle strat sound.

The drums definitely take a while but I actually have fun with it. Sometimes I find a Toontrack loop that is just a really inspiring groove. Other times I point and click from scratch. This song is about a 50/50 split.

Back
Top Bottom