I’m having so much trouble

Truth : I have cancer and my energy is limited. I’m prone to frustration. I have an AX8 and I can work it. But the FM3 has me lost for weeks now. I don’t understand it’s setup and can’t see logic. I bang on a preset and fool around but I don’t know how to build flowing song presets at all. The lost of foot switch functionality makes me scratch my head.. I just want to load my tones from my AX8 onto the FM3 and forget all about it.

should I just buy some presets ? Austin Buddy or whoever ? I just want to make music and not read manuals. Even my presets from factory seem lifeless.

I need help.

What is a flowing song preset?

the procedure for building presets is pretty similar between AX8 and FM3. I’d say controlling things is the major difference. Which part are you having issue with?

Are you using the computer editor or the front panel only?

you should pop into a livestream of mine or we can do a zoom call sometime if you want. I think text only may not be the best to help you here. Let me know and we can coordinate.

Hi @Swampdonkey90 If you're having trouble with the fact that the FM3 has fewer foot switches than the AX8 and haven't delved into the manual of the FM3, I would recommend a look at pages 7, 8, 9, and then page 72.

You may even want to consider adding an FC6. It makes the FM3 much more visibly obvious -- and more capable than the AX8 was.

See I don’t want an extra $500 bill as Covid and cancer have me locked in as a bedroom warrior at the moment. But I get it. Maybe I just need to for workflow.m

What is a flowing song preset?

the procedure for building presets is pretty similar between AX8 and FM3. I’d say controlling things is the major difference. Which part are you having issue with?

Are you using the computer editor or the front panel only?

you should pop into a livestream of mine or we can do a zoom call sometime if you want. I think text only may not be the best to help you here. Let me know and we can coordinate.

I would love to pop into a livestream. I just need a run through. With cancer my energy and patience are low. very low.

I would love to pop into a livestream. I just need a run through. With cancer my energy and patience are low. very low.
of course. i think seeing and being able to chat in real time would benefit this.

my livestreams are public, but i can just dedicate to you as they're pretty casual. you'd just have to type in youtube, facebook, or twitch. it's not a 2 way thing, only my camera would be on - you'd just chat.

let me know if that works or we could do a private zoom if you want to have video and audio for yourself. just need to coordinate schedules.

i might be able to stream tonight after work. i'm done in 2-3 hour from the time of this post, and can pretty much stream any time. i know that's late for some areas, but let me know if it works. i'm in hawaii and 5 hours behind Eastern time right now.

i might be able to stream tonight after work. i'm done in 2-3 hour from the time of this post, and can pretty much stream any time. i know that's late for some areas, but let me know if it works. i'm in hawaii and 5 hours behind Eastern time right now.

my power is out ! IPad running on empty. but I so need help !

I even bought an EVH pack today. It had no sound. I screwed with the in/out to no avail. No sound infuriated me. I just wanted a good preset to start with and I get no sound. That email wasn’t polite.

Swampdonkey:

I feel you. I too am frustrated by the physical layout. But the tones I get more than make up for the lack of flexibility.

I have just modified my approach. The concept of scenes is alien to me. I can see the use, but I dont want to sit here and program out every aspect of what I am doing.

I much prefer the concept of switching on/off effects. I am also using the default layout, so that gives me stomp box control of OD, Delay, and reverb. When you power on, you gotta hit the middle footswitch twice, and then hit effects.

I build my own patches and I do it like this. Marshall amp into a greenback or tv mix cab. Then I put a tube screamer or tone of kings in front of it, usually set for boost. That way, I have a cleanish tone(roll the guitar volume back to really clean up) a lead sound with the OD. I usually then, after the cab, add a reverb and tape delay. I like the tape delay because it adds some modulation.

I really dont use any other effects. I tried tap dancing for the layout stuff to access other effects. Way too hard to remember everything, play and tap in and out of the layouts too access three new effects.

Scenes is too rigid, all or nothing, but I did set one up clean w/ echo, chorus, a nice rhythm sound and a lead.

This video helped me tons, even though it is the AX8, the principals are the same except for the footswitch assignment.

https://www.youtube.com./watch?v=ij53F_NVurY

I cant figure out why they didnt do the FMx in the AX8 format, I'm sure there was a good reason. The FM3 sounds better, but in my opinion takes a step back in practical usability.

I am very happy with the tone I get.

Chris was very helpful. Unfortunately I’m very ill and ended up in the hospital today. But I will figure out this FM3 if it’s literally the last thing I do.

Chris was very helpful. Unfortunately I’m very ill and ended up in the hospital today. But I will figure out this FM3 if it’s literally the last thing I do.

That's the attitude! I'm sure you'll get it sorted in the end, hope you're feeling better soon man.

Back
Top Bottom