Humbuster?

No that is still not a Humbuster cable. You need a shielded TWO conductor cable to make a humbuster cable. Both conductors need to run the full length of the cable. TRS to the Fractal output jack and TS to the receiving device.

The diagram is in the manuals. Notice the white and black center conductors plus the outer shield connections.

1711210889308.png

Perfect! Thank you both. Exactly what I thought.
I don't need 15' cables, and I'd like one end to be angled. Bestronics has that covered.
I also need to confirm that it would be an improvement. Noise might be a power source issue.

No that is still not a Humbuster cable. You need a shielded TWO conductor cable to make a humbuster cable. Both conductors need to run the full length of the cable. TRS to the Fractal output jack and TS to the receiving device.

The diagram is in the manuals. Notice the white and black center conductors plus the outer shield connections.

View attachment 137369
I make mine like that diagram per the manual, however, I've wondered: would it be the same taking a standard TRS>TRS and moving the ring connection to sleeve at the non Fractal end? (if yes, roll yur own becomes a little easier for me not having to replace one plug on an off-the-shelf TRS>TRS)

Yes. You can make a Humbuster cable by taking a stock TRS to TRS cable and shorting the ring and sleeve connectors together on one end. Unscrew one of the TRS plugs and solder a small jumper wire across the ring and sleeve contacts. Just make sure you mark the modified end and use that on the non-fractal device's input.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom