Humbuster confusion in fx8 manual

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
Warning, I overthink things to the point of confusion all the time.

Ok, the humbuster wiring diagram in the fx8 manual, 4cm method shows the humbuster side of the humbuster cable connected to the amp. The paragraph below showing how humbuster cables are made states that the trs side of the humbuster goes to the fx8. This seems like a contradiction. It seems like the trs side of the humbuster cable would be the "humbuster" end of the cable and the diagram above shows this side going to the amp. So which is right? Trs to amp or trs to fx8?

hmm, what page are you seeing the TRS cable connected to the amp? everywhere i look says TRS side to the FX8 outputs.

edit - oh are you talking about the Quick Connect on page 3? i don't think it's necessarily saying the "humbuster" side of the cable goes to the amp. that word "Humbuster" is just there indicating the cable type is Humbuster, in general.

in all instances, the TRS end goes to the Fractal device.

Page 3 of the fx8 manual. It shows the humbuster word in parenthesis on the right side of the cable going to the amp.

Ok, I'm sure you are right just needed confirmation. Thanks!

i'm not sure one side of the cable is the "humbuster side." the whole cable is a Humbuster™ cable.

It matters what cable end plugs into the Fractal.

See description here: FAS Humbuster Cable

yes. but perhaps one side isn't the "humbuster" side. one side is the TRS side that goes into the FAS unit, as i mentioned above. that is what is being referred to as the "humbuster" side, but i'm not sure that's an accurate way to say it.

This confused me too when I was just looking at the diagram (as I couldn't remember everything I read in the manual.) I did read the correct method in a separate section later as the diagram was ambiguous. However, for future moments of human error, I do suggest redoing the diagram for future editions of the manual. It's no biggie, but the diagram should indicate which side to plug into what anyway and be idiot-proof. People forget what they read and then look at the diagram as an idiot's guide. Not Fractal's fault by any means, but any chance to be clearer for the none tech savvy would be a bonus!

Last edited:
This confused me too when I was just looking at the diagram (as I couldn't remember everything I read in the manual.) I did read the correct method in a separate section later as the diagram was ambiguous. However, for future moments of human error, I do suggest redoing the diagram for future editions of the manual. It's no biggie, but the diagram should indicate which side to plug into what anyway and be idiot-proof. People forget what they read and then look at the diagram as an idiot's guide. Not Fractal's fault by any means, but any chance to be clearer for the none tech savvy would be a bonus!

This post is a perfect example of how a simple quick connection video would solve this problem. We sometime do over think what we read to the point of confusion. I am guilty of this..

When was the last time you plugged a TRS into your amp input? Simple common sense should pretty much tell you the cable direction.

Two days ago. Actually in lairds white paper on the g system it's advised to use trs cables in your amp loop. Not humbuster, just regular trs. It does help too.

When was the last time you plugged a TRS into your amp input? Simple common sense should pretty much tell you the cable direction.

Before I got the Fx8, the same amount of times I plugged a TRS into the outs of my effects devices. Zero, either way.

Back
Top Bottom