Humbuster cable for sale?

I'm blessed to have a NG Guitar parts local where I can pickup orders directly with no shipping cost - been gradually improving my cable making skill and converting to higher quality custom "square plug" cables.. Still a work in progress, but every few months, when they have a sale, I convert another handful. For humbuster I still buy an off-the-shelf trs>trs with screw off plug body and bridge the ring/sleeve at one end (still have not progress into making those totally custom).

1725540739967.jpeg

I thought that the price was high until I looked into the quality of the cable and parts. I can’t source them for the same price in the small amounts I’d be buying.

And the majority of people don’t have the skill to make an equivalent cable.
True, but soldering a 1/4" cable is not hard - as long as you have a soldering iron. Don't get me wrong, they make a great product, but the price is way higher than if did the work yourself. They have to factor in labor which is a huge cost. I am working on setting up my amps for when my Fryette ZMACS arrives (whenever that is), and if I sourced all the speaker and instrument cables I need from BTPA, I would be looking at well over $300 in just cables...

But I totally get what you are saying.

I have the equipment to make my own cables. I've built amps, pedalboards, guitars, etc. I'm just too lazy right now, so I just ordered the cable lol.

No. From the manual:

View attachment 144779

You can certainly make your own though.

Can someone please validate my plan to make this cable?

I take a TRS cable, take off one of the plugs at the "amplifier end," and replace it with a tip and sleeve cable by soldering the ring wire and the sleeve together and attaching to the plug's sleeve.

That's all there is to it right?

I take a TRS cable, take off one of the plugs at the "amplifier end," and replace it with a tip and sleeve cable by soldering the ring wire and the sleeve together and attaching to the plug's sleeve.

I think the ring wire goes to the sleeve at the TS end. Tip goes to tip. At least that's what I'm seeing on that diagram.

yes - starting with a stock trs>trs cable, connect both the sleeve and ring leads to the sleeve lug at one end of the cable (the other end remains unchanged). The unmodified end (still attached as trs) connects to AxFx out.

Back
Top Bottom