http://fxunits.com/

Cool concept, but seems a little pricey for something I don't know if I really need.

With the 4 front panel knobs and the arrow pad you can basically adjust the tone stack nearly as easily. If the Axe had no knobs at all it would be one thing, but with 4 you can do a fair bit. Then Axe Edit works so quick and easily, its really become my "go to" method for tweaking. You've got everything very easily laid out and adjustable with the click of a mouse.

Its a cool idea still, and there is something to be said for hands on adjustments with real knobs.

Guess it all comes down to how often one feels the need to tweak. With hardware amps, I was pretty much a set and forget type of player, so I'd really never have the need to walk over to my rack and adjust the mids a bit.

Wish them well with the product though, never hurts to have innovative options

I bet the Fractal III with have that on the front panel. Handy if you are changing guitars on the fly, but not essential though.

Yeah too expensive. I'd rather see that control box for the Behringer gazillion knob unit become a real product.

Yeah too expensive. I'd rather see that control box for the Behringer gazillion knob unit become a real product.

Behringer certainly has some advantages in economy of scale, not to mention most of the R&D work being already done by other companies. I do like some of their products though, their mixers are pretty nice for silly cheap prices and they have some really well designed DJ controllers.

The RAC12 certainly has a lot of R&D cost and small scale production cost to deal with, so I think the price is reasonable for what it is, and I don't think the 2 guys behind it are in any way getting rich off it, but still... its a lot of money for me compared to what my needs are.

I'd actually be more interested in an iPad software, perhaps with a midi to blutooth interface that did the same thing, provided it was priced around $100 (sans iPad), maybe $70 for the interface and $30 for the app

Having a touch screen interface would be pretty quick and easy, and you can stick an iPad onto a mic stand etc to its real accessible. Also could sit there with you on the couch etc and makes for quick and easy tweaks on the fly, without needing to walk over to the rack, or sit in front of the pc

Still wish them the best of success with the product

I dont get it.
The Axe FX "should" be used with pre-programmed presets as I see it, and when you do need to make a change you can do it very easy on the Axe it self. Even on the fly in a live-situation.
Just my opinion of course, a lot of people might find this useful, but to me its just and extension of controls you already have!

I dont get it.
The Axe FX "should" be used with pre-programmed presets as I see it, and when you do need to make a change you can do it very easy on the Axe it self. Even on the fly in a live-situation.
Just my opinion of course, a lot of people might find this useful, but to me its just and extension of controls you already have!

I agree with you as far as live performance goes. Being able to press a foot switch and instantly have your whole rig dialed in for every time you switch a guitar etc is a big part of the attraction for the unit.

For tone shaping in the studio though, I can imagine how some folks might like having a wider range of knob choices. Just use the Axe to select an amp model, and then the bigger knobs to dial it in.

I'd probably buy one at $100 or less, just to have it, but at current pricing, really need to have a real need to warrant that much cash.

Still would probably use Axe-Edit though most of the time, even if i owned one, simply because its so easy to change routing and the whole chain, select cabs etc. Its the whole unit at the click of a mouse with a great on screen GUI

I dont get it.

I’m on the pre-order list and will almost certainly get one. To me, I see this mainly as tweaking in rehearsals. It’s not until I’m playing at loud volume and with the rest of the band that I really hear how my sound sit in the mix. At the moment I’m mostly making mental notes of too dark, too bright, too much gain, … and tweak for the next rehearsal. But to have the ability to quickly and easily tweak these in rehearsal I think is going to make the AFx2 work flow a lot easier.

I agree with you as far as live performance goes. Being able to press a foot switch and instantly have your whole rig dialed in for every time you switch a guitar etc is a big part of the attraction for the unit.

For tone shaping in the studio though, I can imagine how some folks might like having a wider range of knob choices. Just use the Axe to select an amp model, and then the bigger knobs to dial it in.

I'd probably buy one at $100 or less, just to have it, but at current pricing, really need to have a real need to warrant that much cash.

Still would probably use Axe-Edit though most of the time, even if i owned one, simply because its so easy to change routing and the whole chain, select cabs etc. Its the whole unit at the click of a mouse with a great on screen GUI

Hi guy's, just to refresh to you some few littles things:
Behringher can't exchange on all parameters used by the Afx. Most of them aren't cc midi ones................
This rac12 have been needed many months of development, a software dedicated and also, was produced in small quantities.
It's also an hand-built product made in france.
So you can't compare it to the beringher products.
We've tried to purpose to you a lot of features dedicated to the afx and keep in our mind to purpose an affordable price.
we are aware that unfortunately does not suit everyone.
Thxs

Back
Top Bottom