How would you describe this drum beat?

You would think so, but people hear two different tempos due to the syncopation. That's led to most of the overthinking.🤔 As I said earlier, our brains WANT everything to fit nicely on the beat. That's why I tried to key in on what the guitar strum was doing; you can here that strong down strum on the 1 each time.

It seemed complex at first, but now it doesn't seem quite so.

Rock on, have a great evening, and don't forget to set your clock back an hour!⏲️

My folks (78 and 79) told me that they somehow ended up at Church Sunday morning
and wondered why no one else was there. Hmmmmm.....?????? :)

Geesh! That vid makes me want to slide way over to the EVH side of the no music theory vs. music theory sliding
scale and not give a fuck about none of it. ;)
Lots of "pattern" riffs sounds positively amazing when played at blistering speeds.
I remember my mother walking us into church when I was a kid, and everyone was walking out. :p YEA! (It was the last service of the morning.)

Haha! Perfect example of the overthinking it syndrome.

Geesh! That vid makes me want to slide way over to the EVH side of the no music theory vs. music theory sliding
scale and not give a fuck about none of it. ;)
From the academic side to the "three chords and the truth" side, everyone agrees on one simple thing: If it sounds good, it is good.

Back
Top Bottom