How will the price hike affect international distributors?

Soma

Experienced
Per the title; a $400USD price hike could put this out of reach for a lot of people. Will we still get pricing based off the introductory price or the new retail price? Or has the wholesale price not changed and it's up to the distributor? Thanks.

Cheers
Steve

I hope it doesn't go up. The people who were on the list for a Standard last year would not take the news very well. On another note if the prices go up people might drop off the list so the waiting list gets shorter. Its up to G66 though.

I would think it's probably up to Cliff. I would think that his distribution agreement with G66 has a pricing clause. They have probably already had this discussion.

It's a way to get people on the waiting list.

'NOTE: Due to extremely high demand, we have implemented a waiting list for this product. To get on the waiting list please send an email to sales@fractal with the subject "Add to Waiting List".

When your name comes up on the list you will receive a coupon code for $400 off the listed price.'

G66 already uses a list, no consequences.

Last edited:
Also, how does this affect those on the Tone Merchant's preorders? This price hike was done without enough information being put out there.

there is no price price hike the store it listed at $2599 when you name is called you get a coupon code for $400 off bringing the price to $2199 the same price it was listed at originally. You can only get it when your name is called

Is the price hike temporary? It they are raising the price of the unit globally why didn't they do it on release date?

Hope not !

2,299.00 EUR = 3,290.10 USD
Euro US Dollar
1 EUR = 1.43110 USD 1 USD = 0.698763 EUR

So they'll already make a pretty good profit from the EU side of things as it stands ! Havent heard anything since the initial price announcement and it hasnt increased on the G66 site yet !

Hope not !

Euro US Dollar

So they'll already make a pretty good profit from the EU side of things as it stands ! Havent heard anything since the initial price announcement and it hasnt increased on the G66 site yet !

(2290$ + freight) + 6% Import duties + 20% VAT= 2976$ + Local shipping and Handling costs.....the profit is quite low if you take it as an ROI...IMHO

Okay. Can everyone read my post again. INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTOR. So I will not be on the waitlist and I will not be getting a coupon. For clarity though I will say I'd be buying through IM not TM or G66. Thanks.

Cheers :)

(2290$ + freight) + 6% Import duties + 20% VAT= 2976$ + Local shipping and Handling costs.....the profit is quite low if you take it as an ROI...IMHO

disagree :), import duty - different in different european countries, usual number is 0% on electronics - products ment for distribution to different countries can be storeed at custom stocks with paying local import duties. rohs or other environmental cost from 0 to 3% dependent on country in europe - shall always be calculated on net end-user price and shall be a separate line on the invoice before local vat. price in germany inc vat € 2299.00, exc. vat 1931.93 both according to g66 site. if 20% vat, exc. price should be € 1915.99 if vat is 20% as you state. from my perspective g66 makes $600 pr axe fx. that is in line with average euro retail mark-up on musical equipment at the moment, from my experience.

Hope not !

Euro US Dollar

Hope it was that simple.

Have you noticed the price differences, between US and EU on Mesa Boogie amps? Anderson guitars?

Ok, let's look at it the other way around: Koch amps in the US? Vigier guitars?

If the US company doesn't have a huge dealer network in the EU, retail will be through the roof. And it has nothing to do with "making a pretty good profit". Trust me, I'm importing medium volume stuff from the US and the combined cost of transport, tarrifs, taxes, etc are murder.

Just received G66 mail:

DEAR FUTURE AXE-FX II OWNER,

Fractal Audio has, slightly later than planned, now begun with deliveries of the Axe-Fx II. The first small shipment for Europe will be ready in a few days. Soon afterwards we expect the promised larger shipments. As yet there have been no unforeseen problems.

MASSIVE SUPPLY
If this continues to be the case we can expect massive numbers from July onwards. Fractal Audio has never ever produced anything like as many units in the past as it is now doing.

WAITING LIST
Having not delivered any units for several months now and with the announcement of the Axe-Fx II having caused a preordering boom, the waiting list has meanwhile grown very long.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY PLAN
Assuming the shipments arrive according to plan, the following approximate delivery dates should be applicable:

ORDER APPROXIMATE DELIVERY
First small shipment end of June
Ordered before 1st May July/August
Ordered in May August/September
Ordered in June September/October

This is purely a rough estimate, in the assumption that there will be no unforeseen delays. In other words, these dates are not guaranteed!

INFORMATION
We will keep everyone on the waiting list informed about every shipment we receive and approximately two weeks before your unit is available we will contact you personally.

STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY
Should we receive no reply from you we will assume you are on holiday and set your reserved unit aside for a further two weeks, which in total gives you four weeks to react. So, no stress, especially when on holiday.

FIRST IMRESSIONS
In the meantime we have received Europe's very first Axe-Fx II and you can read Jochen's first impressions here:
G66 - FIRST CONTACT WITH NUMBER TWO

The first videos are available here:
G66 - FIRST AXE-FX II VIDEOS

Thanks for your patience and all the best,
Sussi

I joined the list mid-May when the Axe II was announced. If I get my Axe by early/mid August I'll be very happy. If Fractal starts sending over huge shipments theirs probably a slim chance that it could be earlier. I'm not sure what my plans are come September though.

Okay. Can everyone read my post again. INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTOR. So I will not be on the waitlist and I will not be getting a coupon. For clarity though I will say I'd be buying through IM not TM or G66. Thanks.

Cheers :)

I would say it won't effect us in aus/nz as we are already on a waiting list of sorts.

Sorry sir, but being a photographer also I have imported camera lenses from the US + Asia alike at significantly lower prices than they would have cost me in EU, and that's brand new, including import tax, postage + packing and warranties. Some cost more than the current US Axe FX II ( $2,300 ) and still came in a hell of a lot cheaper than the G66.EU equivalent ( $1,000 more ) for the exact same item. Anyway, sticking to the thread and having ordered way before May 2011 in Dec 2010, the idea of getting an Axe FX II in July sounds fantastic. Let the 41 day countdown commence !

Back
Top Bottom