How well would axefx work with electric cello?

I use an Ax-Fx II and an AX8 with:
Electric bass, Upright bass, Cello, Violin, keyboard

And it works well with all of them. For upright and cello, I stick to a pretty clean amp with reverb and a touch of delay for the most part. Sometimes I kick in other stuff for giggles - it all works to varying degrees.

I use an Ax-Fx II and an AX8 with:
Electric bass, Upright bass, Cello, Violin, keyboard

And it works well with all of them. For upright and cello, I stick to a pretty clean amp with reverb and a touch of delay for the most part. Sometimes I kick in other stuff for giggles - it all works to varying degrees.

Could you post a video with you playing electric cello on a clean setting with reverb? I have never heard anything other than guitars played in axefx. I have the axe 2xl plus. I need to get a electric cello still though

I'll have to dig it out of storage. I'm in the middle of preping a house to sell, moving, and buying a new house, so a lot of my lesser used instruments are packed away. I'm not sure when I could get to that. I assume you do mostly arco? I have my electric upright out and could cut a track and put it on my SoundCloud page along with the preset.

There's not many of us using these for instruments other than guitar... a lot of the bass guitar presets are pretty janky. I'm going to work on making a bank of presets for the AX8 and Axe-Fx II starting this weekend. Might include one for electric upright there. It should be a similar setup for cello, though you'll want to work the GEQ a bit more for cello of course.

Well, slightly off topic, but when i first got my unit and unpacked it i had no guitar handy, so plugged the closest thing in which happened to be a Moog Little Phatty, just to see if it was working etc, and i can still remember...WOW!

It sounded f***ing awesome.

I've used it to process synths and anything with a pickup on it, as well as guitars of course, and it works fantastically.

It'll work on a cello just fine i reckon.

My bass player plays a Steinberger bass/cello. He has an Axe FX Ii, and has played through that. He prefers his pedalboard mainly because he hasn't had time to dial in the AFX to his satisfaction. Even so, the Steinberger sounds fine (to me) through the Axe FX.

Back
Top Bottom