How to use the Liquid Foot to automatically set song tempos

I posted a question on this a couple of days ago and got some valuable help from Jeff in figuring out the solution. Thanks Jeff! He asked me to post it here in case others might find it helpful.

For anyone who's interested in using the Liquid Foot / LF Jr. to automatically set song tempos on the Axe-FX, there are three steps, described below. This works really well for anything where you'd normally tap in the tempo manually, but there's no tapping! The LF does it for you automatically.

Here are the steps:

1. Liquid Foot: in the Global settings, set the Tap Tempo CC to whatever CC number the Axe-FX uses for Tap Tempo. In mine the default is 14.

2. Liquid Foot: In the song MIDI map, enter the command 01: SPECIAL: T-TEMPO 2:BPM parameter.

3. Axe-FX: press the Tempo button and change the "Tempo To Use" parameter to "Global." You must do this for every preset that you want to use the song tempo from the LF Jr. If you don't, the Axe-FX will use the tempo that was last stored with the preset, and will cancel out the tempo input from the LF.

Enjoy...

Thanks for the posting. I had not been able to get this to work myself so this makes sense I guess. Will try it out soon!

Back
Top Bottom