How to use the AxeFx Ultra effects only (non amp/cab sim)?

Hi -

I just got Bogner Duende and Tone King Metropolitan amps and would like to use the effects (delays, choruses, compressor, etc.) of the axefx running through those amps (without the axefx amp/cab sims) and use my liquid foot pro to control and channel switch on the amp.

How would I do this?

Do I need a midi/channel switcher too?
If so, which one is really good and how would I hook it up into the rig since I'm using the midi out on the LF Pro to go into the AxeFx currently? (the Duende has A/B, A+B, and tremelo while the Metropolitan and A/B and Reverb on/off on their respective footswitches)

Thank you so much!

you can run into the axe fx and then take a line out into the front of either amp. i just got a port city rig yesterday (pearl head and 1x12 os wave cabinet) and will be running it just like this. i'm not sure if the LF pro will allow you to switch channels so you will probably have to use the footswitch that came with the amp for that. good luck with the new rig- the metropolitan is a killer amp!

jb70 said:
you can run into the axe fx and then take a line out into the front of either amp. i just got a port city rig yesterday (pearl head and 1x12 os wave cabinet) and will be running it just like this. i'm not sure if the LF pro will allow you to switch channels so you will have to use the footswitch that came with the amp for that. good luck with the new rig- the metropolitan is a killer amp!

Thank you. I forgot to clarify (big clarification). The Bogner has an Effects Loop in it so I'l like to send effects on through it and the guitar signal and overdrives, etc. into the front of the amp. This complicates things a bit.

But yes in terms of the Metropolitan think that is the way to go.

The wiki and manual both have routing examples for exactly what you're what you're wanting to do. Outside of some level matching on your end that will get you where you need to go.

jeffinaustin said:
The wiki and manual both have routing examples for exactly what you're what you're wanting to do. Outside of some level matching on your end that will get you where you need to go.

Hi - I looked in the manual and wiki and didn't see anything that talked about how I can incorporate channel switching so that when I step on a preset on the Liquid Foot it also switches the channel?

690MBCOMMANDO said:
jeffinaustin said:

Hi - I looked in the manual and wiki and didn't see anything that talked about how I can incorporate channel switching so that when I step on a preset on the Liquid Foot it also switches the channel?

I guess jeffinaustin was referring to connections only and not to channel switching.
As for switching, those 2 amps are not Midi equipped so AFAIK you would need something from Axess Electronics,
I would love to link you but their site is temporary closes...

Muris_Varajic said:
690MBCOMMANDO said:
jeffinaustin said:

I guess jeffinaustin was referring to connections only and not to channel switching.
As for switching, those 2 amps are not Midi equipped so AFAIK you would need something from Axess Electronics,
I would love to link you but their site is temporary closes...

Yea I was. Sorry, I left that part out of the equation. Here are a couple of options:
http://rjmmusic.com/ampgizmo.php
http://voodoolab.com/controlswitcher.htm

Thanks guys I really appreciate the insight. It's helpful folks like you that have saved me days of my life spinning my wheels.

So...

1) How do I handle the midi routing from the LF Pro (I'm using 7 pin to power? Do I need something that splits the signal or do I just run the midi out on the back of the AxeFx to the VoodooLab Control Switcher?

2) How do you set up the LF Pro so that when you step on the preset that it changes the amp channel?

3) How do you set up your patches so that only the Wah, OD, etc. hit the preamp section and the modulation hits the effects loop?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom