How to use looper in Axe FX ii XL+

I was wondering if there is any way to use the looper in the Axe Fx ii XL+ without having any of the foot controllers?

Sure, you can go into the looper block and manually record, play, overdub, etc... I don't imagine it would work all that well for a performance, but if you want to create a loop to test out settings, it would be just fine.
-
Austin

I was just exploring the looper this weekend for the first time, so seek advice from others as well ...

There are front panel buttons available to you and the Axe Edit interface (select the looper block and then you can use the buttons there) ... they will work, but it makes a somewhat difficult process harder (vs. the MFC in looper mode).

Sure, you can go into the looper block and manually record, play, overdub, etc... I don't imagine it would work all that well for a performance, but if you want to create a loop to test out settings, it would be just fine.
-
Austin
Thanks for the help! I just ordered my first axe fx, the XL+. When looping are you able to record on a clean tone and solo with distortion without having the signal cut out? I remember owning a digitech jam man and I could only play on clean because the signal would get cut out on distortion.

Thanks for the help! I just ordered my first axe fx, the XL+. When looping are you able to record on a clean tone and solo with distortion without having the signal cut out? I remember owning a digitech jam man and I could only play on clean because the signal would get cut out on distortion.

Answer is "yes".
However, it depends on where you place the looper block in your signal path, and/or how you use scenes (again, signal path for the looper and for the sound you want to play on top - or even dub).

Yes, there are a variety of ways to do this. I have a global looper block that I've put in several presets. So I can start a loop in one preset and switch to another preset that contains the looper block and the loop will continue playing. And as the above poster mentioned, if you stay in the preset, you can make whatever tonal changes you want (whether it be via scenes or manually enabling/disabling certain blocks) without the looper stopping. In these cases, you would generally want the looper to be at the end of the signal chain in the preset.
-
Austin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom