How to use Axe as effects unit inside a DAW

Johnkenn

Inspired
Can't get this to work for some reason...I'm trying to use the AFX as a Hardware Insert. I go analog out of my interface into patchbay, then out of PB into Input 2 (L&R) of the AxeFX. Then the Axe returns the signal out of the main outs. How would I set up Axe Edit? Input 2 to Output 1 (Main output)? Do I need any kind of effects loop or something? The output and input from the daw is working...if I take the Axe out of the chain, it works fine.

The output of your PB is analog or digital? Same question for the Input 2 settings. Are they correct & consistent?

Double check the configuration of the appropriate I/O in the Axe Menu. Some of this can't be done in Axe-Edit. Have a preset set up for the routing/effects desired and have the Axe selected in the appropriate channel insert routing in the DAW. Check the usual clock sync and buffer settings. Although analog I/O routing works well, this type of processing has advantages when being done "all in the box" when possible: via SPDIF I/O for effects or reamping between the DAW and Axe: less latency, no additional DA and AD conversions etc. It can be done USB as well.

Can't get this to work for some reason...I'm trying to use the AFX as a Hardware Insert. I go analog out of my interface into patchbay, then out of PB into Input 2 (L&R) of the AxeFX. Then the Axe returns the signal out of the main outs. How would I set up Axe Edit? Input 2 to Output 1 (Main output)? Do I need any kind of effects loop or something? The output and input from the daw is working...if I take the Axe out of the chain, it works fine.

It's basically the same as re-amping. See the tutorial here that demonstrates using an AxeFX as a hardware insert:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-re-amping-tutorial.190686/

My main fumble with exotic routings is always the ….. drum roll ….. output knob in the front panel!

Back
Top Bottom