How to turn phantom power on?

AntonTsygankov

Hello everybody,

I wonder - how can I turn on phantom power on Axe Fx Ultra? I got my new Rocktron MidiXchange switcher and 7 to 7 pin Rocktron cable today. After I connected it all together and turned on my Axe Fx Ultra - nothing happeng. My midi controller is still off. Please, let me know. Anton.

Goodwill559 is making a joke. :)

To get phantom power to your Rocktron MidiXchange switcher, you will need to use the 7-pin MIDI cable... but you will also need to make sure that the Rocktron MidiXchange's power supply ('wall wart') is plugged into the AC wall-current supply, that wall-wart's the barrel connector is plugged into the back of the Axe-Fx, into the jack marked "Phantom Power To Pins 6 & 7".

file.php

gdgross said:
goodwill559 said:
Yes, I was only joking. I hope no one was offended.

Well I sure as hell was!

I'm destroying my axe and going back to line6!

:D

Unfortunately, Line 6 doesn't supply phantom power over MIDI, so you might want to hold off on destroying your Axe. I hope I'm not too late! ;)

xrist04 said:
Goodwill559 is making a joke. :)

To get phantom power to your Rocktron MidiXchange switcher, you will need to use the 7-pin MIDI cable... but you will also need to make sure that the Rocktron MidiXchange's power supply ('wall wart') is plugged into the AC wall-current supply, that wall-wart's the barrel connector is plugged into the back of the Axe-Fx, into the jack marked "Phantom Power To Pins 6 & 7".

file.php

Hey Guys,

seems like i completely missunderstood this jack marked "Phantom Power To Pins 6 & 7"!! :?

What i wanted to do was having this jack power my fcb1010 through one midi cable by using the method kindly provided by patrick voes on his website. i was thinking i'd connect this jack on the axe-fx with the outer pins of a custom made "main-connection" midi-jack, and connect the inner three pins of the very same midi-jack with another midi-plug and go into the axe-fx input. then on as described by patrick.

but now it seems that there is really NO POWER coming out of this jack BY ITSELF??
am i right, that this is jack is only to be used to FEED power into a 7-pin midi-cable connected to the axe-fx midi input? so i still need an external wall-wart to power the fcb1010?

Shit.. i soldered away today, just to find it doesn't work.. :(
(and i also couldn't find any matching tip for the jack marked "Phantom Power To Pins 6 & 7" either... where i can get these?? do they have a common name / item number?)

please tell me if i am guessing right, or if this can be done anyways..

thanx a bunch!

quasimono said:
Hey Guys,

seems like i completely missunderstood this jack marked "Phantom Power To Pins 6 & 7"!! :?
...snip...
but now it seems that there is really NO POWER coming out of this jack BY ITSELF??
am i right, that this is jack is only to be used to FEED power into a 7-pin midi-cable connected to the axe-fx midi input?

That is correct.

quasimono said:
...snip...so i still need an external wall-wart to power the fcb1010?

You will need an external power supply.

goodwill559 said:
quasimono said:
Hey Guys,

...snip...
am i right, that this is jack is only to be used to FEED power into a 7-pin midi-cable connected to the axe-fx midi input?

That is correct.

quasimono said:
...snip...so i still need an external wall-wart to power the fcb1010?

You will need an external power supply.

Ok, thanks for clarifying this! :idea:
Well, on to the electronic supply then.. ;)

Back
Top Bottom