How to? Tap On - Tap Off Global Volume boost.

mwd

Power User
I have a guitar and a backup guitar with vastly different volume levels. I use per song presets but would like to be able to pick up guitar 2 at any time without jacking with the presets. TC Electronic makes a Spark 20db booster where you can set the boost level and then it’s on/off when needed.

Is there any way to replicate this with the III and FC 12 whereas I could pickup the quieter guitar, hit a boost button, then swap guitars and turn off boost, without jacking with the individual presets. I also have a Boss FS-6 Dual Foot Switch I could use.

There's a Global Gain setting.

Add it to your Perform page and then you can quickly adjust for any guitar.

Otherwise you could add a block (Volume, Null Filter, EQ) early in your signal chain and use a Control Switch to engage it and make it "stick" across scenes and presets... But that will require editing all your presets.

Since I run volume out 1 at noon I would be more apt to just turn the knob up but I was wanting a bit more precision on both the boost and return as we play to a backing track and much time has been spent blending levels.

If I did add a volume boost block to each preset is there a way to adjust it globally? Say I wanted 50 presets to boost at +3db when I hit a foot switch and later found out +4 db was better could I just adjust one parameter or do all 50 have to be readjusted?

Since I run volume out 1 at noon I would be more apt to just turn the knob up but I was wanting a bit more precision on both the boost and return as we play to a backing track and much time has been spent blending levels.

If I did add a volume boost block to each preset is there a way to adjust it globally? Say I wanted 50 presets to boost at +3db when I hit a foot switch and later found out +4 db was better could I just adjust one parameter or do all 50 have to be readjusted?
Make a global block. Use in all your patches as warranted.

Putting the Input 1 Gain parameter on the Global Perform page like @unix-guy said would likely be the easiest way to go. Then you could just tab over to the Global Perform page at any time and tweak the boost level as needed. No need to change your presets at all then.

Last edited:
Thank you for the suggestions guys. I will try them. For my purpose I need to step on a button, not adjust the Axe, and I need it to be precise each time. Like +3db when on (or whatever level works) and then back to 0 when off. Like the Spark Booster Pedal would do.

Back
Top Bottom