How to set up FX loop - not working

How do I set up an FX loop in FM Edit? There's no FX Loop block (now). There are in/outs and send/receive.

I have tried both, referring to the manual, Leon Todd's vids, and forum posts. Even some Korean and Spanish vids with blurry screens. I have spent hours on this.

All I want to do is put my gate (ISP Extractor + Decimator) somewhere before my amp block.

I want something like this:

[In 1] [Fx loop] [Amp] [Cab] [Reverb] [Out 1]

Now, I want to make sure that 100% of the signal goes through the FX loop as I want it properly gated.

I have been using my fuzz pedal as a trial in lieu of the gate so I can more easily hear signal changes when on and off.

As for cables, I have tried both using the out 2 / in 2 and the feedback send / receive.

I feel like I've exhausted the combinations I can think of that would get this to work.

Can you please tell me how to set up the blocks and which cable inputs to use?

Thank you.

And don't forget to adjust the volume in the return block, as it is at "0" when implementing

Oh, that's gotten me once or twice!
So as not to confuse the OP, there is no need for a '(Feedback) Return' block in this specific case. Only 'Input' and 'Output' blocks. The 'Feedback Send' and 'Feedback Return' blocks are only for internally routing the signal on the grid. They have nothing to do with any signal leaving or returning to the unit.

However, you are correct about the 'Return' blocks 'Return Level' parameter initially being at '0.00'. It's gotten us all once or twice.;)

Thank you all. So, like this?

[In 1] [Out 2] [In 2] [Amp] [Cab] [Reverb] [Out 1]

Then the send/receive outputs on the upper side of the fm3

?

I could swear I tried that, but I will do it again and double check that output levels are all up. I know the output 2 knob is in fact up.

Thank you all. So, like this?

[In 1] [Out 2] [In 2] [Amp] [Cab] [Reverb] [Out 1]

Then the send/receive outputs on the upper side of the fm3

?

I could swear I tried that, but I will do it again and double check that output levels are all up. I know the output 2 knob is in fact up.

The send and receive blocks have nothing to do with setting up an effects loop, they’re used when you have a preset that uses two lines in the grid. The naming of them can be confusing until you get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom