How to send to Logic Pro X Play/Rec/Stop by Midi CC?

Obles5

1) It is possible to connect a midi pedal and simultaneously use the fc12 to Ax fx 3 ?
2)Is it possible to send the Logic Pro X commands Play / Rec / Stop to midi via midi with ax fx3?
4)if it is possible how to do it or is there a system to do it with fc12 or by connecting a pedal compatible with fc 12?

Thanks for the reply MAX

1) Yes, just connect the midi out of the midi pedal to the midi in, if I understand you correctly. If you're talking about using a midi capable pedal, like a strymon, just connect the midi ins and outs to the AxeFX and have the AxeFX send midi to the pedal via the midi block.

2) Yes, in the midi menu on the fractal you have to assign Midi CC#s to the play/rec/stop functions then have logic send them using a midi track with midi data. Use the event list in Logic to add functionality

4) answered above.

1) Yes you should be able to use both

2) Yes you can do this either using the physical MIDI out port to a separate MIDI interface or via MIDI over USB directly from the Axe III.

4) You should be able to setup momentary control switches in one of your FC layouts to send those MIDI messages from the Axe III that way. Check the Sending MIDI section in the Axe III manual and the Control Switch section of the Footswitch Functions Guide.

2) Yes you can do this either using the physical MIDI out port to a separate MIDI interface or via MIDI over USB directly from the Axe III.

You'd have to use the MIDI Thru port if the messages went MIDI controller -> Axe III MIDI In. The Axe-FX III doesn't have MIDI-USB adapter capability. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/midi-thru-through-usb.141326/post-1674639

(Commands generated via Control Switch or Scene MIDI block would have to use the MIDI Out port. I don't think these are sent over USB either.)

The Axe-FX III doesn't have MIDI-USB adapter capability.

(Commands generated via Control Switch or Scene MIDI block would have to use the MIDI Out port. I don't think these are sent over USB either.)

Bummer. Adapter mode was a cool feature on the II. I had not yet tried it on the III. Guess those could be wish list items.

Hoping you don't mind if I ask. With the ability to punch in and out automatically in Logic as well as iPad and iPhone availability of Logic Remote, I'm wondering what your application is.

I'm already using it this way and it's definitely uncomfortable. instead it would be much more convenient to have both hands on the guitar fretboard and use a foot switch to operate the play record stop]

No one has mentioned MIDI Control Switches, which allow the FC-12 to trigger MIDI messages at the Out Port of the Axe-Fx III. You'll need to connect the MIDI Out port of the Axe-Fx III to the MIDI In port of a 3rd party MIDI interface.

Though, to be honest, the FC-12 is designed to control the Axe-Fx III and guitar equipment. To control computer programs, a dedicated USB foot controller is probably a better choice.

Or the ability/option to have more than 6 control switches would be helpful as well. I use the FC12 with show buddy and I can control tracks and some lighting features all from the FC. But I have used up all the control switches by doing that.

Back
Top Bottom