How to save initial Scene for each preset

Kent Newman

I'm looking for a way to have my AX8 go to a different scene number when switching between relative Presets. So when I recall one Preset I would like Scene 1 to come up but when I recall a different Preset I want Scene 3. Is there a way to set this up so when I save a Preset I also save which Scene comes up initially when I recall it? This might be covered in the manual but I am too dumb and evidently at this point too lazy to find it. Sorry and thanks for reading.

Hmmm... in the AX8 setup menu onboard the unit you can specify for it to open to a certain scene for all presets (I think it defaults to scene 1, that's where mine has always been). Edit: And just follow what is written in the next post :)

Last edited:
Hmmm... in the AX8 setup menu onboard the unit you can specify for it to open to a certain scene for all presets (I think it defaults to scene 1, that's where mine has always been). But if you can change the default scene per preset, I'm unaware of it.

That said, it's not terribly hard to rearrange the scenes to match the default scene selection. Or, if most of them need to open to scene 3 for instance, just change the default to 3. Then just change the other presets to match. Not too bad but can take some time to do if you have a large number of presets.
Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-30 um 17.23.38.png

You could also move the scene you want to come up first to be scene 1, if you catch my drift! :rolleyes:

I get that. But I set up every preset so the 1-4 switches (scenes) are various stages of gain from least to most. But when going to those presets on the fly, I need some to initially start in different stages of gain. In other words, when I go to my Bogner patch, I don’t need it to start clean and when I go to my Supro patch I don’t want it to come on with lots of gain. This saving each preset to start on a different scene actually makes my setup less confusing for my tiny brain.

However, if you are using Scene Controllers (Amp gain or Drive gain) it seems to not remember the settings correctly. I had issues where my gain was much lower than how it was setup on a specific default scene. I had to change the scene and come back to the default scene for it to work correctly. Maybe a bug.
I just went and setup all my presets that need to start on my clean channel, which is Scene 3, and I’m not experiencing this. My scene controllers for input drive and master volume load exactly as saved.

However, if you are using Scene Controllers (Amp gain or Drive gain) it seems to not remember the settings correctly. I had issues where my gain was much lower than how it was setup on a specific default scene. I had to change the scene and come back to the default scene for it to work correctly. Maybe a bug.
this was a bug a long time ago, where it would only load the first scene's information. i'm pretty sure this was solve, like over a year ago maybe 2? i could be wrong though.

what firmware are you running?

this was a bug a long time ago, where it would only load the first scene's information. i'm pretty sure this was solve, like over a year ago maybe 2? i could be wrong though.

what firmware are you running?

I am currently running 9.04. The last I tried was in Nov 2017 and had the latest firmware at that point.

I just went and setup all my presets that need to start on my clean channel, which is Scene 3, and I’m not experiencing this. My scene controllers for input drive and master volume load exactly as saved.
I had scene controllers setup to increase the gain across scenes (Ex: S1-Clean, S2-Crunch,S3-Drive,S4-More Drive with footswitches 1-4 controlling each scene) and had the default scene at 3. The gain would be half for some reason until I switched to some other scene and get back to Scene 3.

I am currently running 9.04. The last I tried was in Nov 2017 and had the latest firmware at that point.
Try it again and see what happens. I just setup a few presets tonight to default to scene 3 and all my scene controller parameters loaded correctly. My preset is similar to what you mentioned Scene 1-4 increasing in gain as you go through the scene’s.

I have learned that even now, although I already have the AX8 for 18 months. Good to know that you can also start a preset with other scene than scene one.

And while I'm at it - in the German manual it is not - I downloaded it from G66 website even before I had the AX8. I do not know if there is any other than this manual. It would be good to change it if it is not already changed.
Not everyone is fluent in the English language in the EU.

Back
Top Bottom