How to save I/O settings ?

I must be overlooking something because my axe fx 2 doesn't keep my I/O midi channels saved for my epxression pedals. When hit enter on the Expression pedal setting on the axe, he goes to learn, I put my foot on my pedal, he registers, everything works fine. but shutting off and putting the axe back on and it's back to default. Can't find a store or save somewhere over there. Any thoughts ?

thx

By heart... I/O button on the axe, page "CTRL"

Are these settings part of a patch?

I tried resaving the patch as well if I remember correctly

Not part of a preset.

Where are you using the pedal for?

Do you connect the pedal directly to your Axe-Fx's rear?
Already tried to set the External Controller to PEDAL manually, instead of using LEARN?

Midi out from my fcb1010 to midi in at back of the axe.

Expression for wah and pitch.

Haven't tried manually but I suspect that's not going to make a difference.

Haven't tried this as I've never used a pedal board, but isn't it a case of programming the FCB101 to send appropriate values which correspond to the AxeFX..?

It's either that or edit the External Controllers in the AxeFX

I think Unsung has it correct. To control something you are either going to be sending midi CC data to the appropriate CC destination or you are sending a tip/ring/sleeve cable's output into one of the external pedal slots to control the parameter. You have to send the correct CC number your data to get results.

The FCB probably is sending on a CC number that the calibration process picks up but your presets are set to look for a different CC number for the parameter you are trying to control...

uhm, this is odd. Now the axe seems to have remembered my ctrl CC's. After changing the input levels as a test as you mentioned javajunkie, I went to check out the ctrl list again and now it shows the correct CC numbers. Seems that the internal save command is not called when doing changes not occuring on the first page of I/O.

Hello,

I am not sure if that thread is still active, but I ran into a similar issue (i.e. my system settings would not survive power cycling). It turns out it is a battery issue, you can see the thread where I got help and advice about this:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...up-restore-system-settings-does-not-work.html

In my case, my battery was new (because my axe was new!) but there was a bad contact apparently. Pulling it out, cleaning it, and putting it back solved the problem.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom