How to resurect "Aroncino Blues" preset?

Hi,

Almost 3 years ago I recorded some riffs / ideas for later use with the "Aroncino Blues" preset. Tonight I was back at it (at last) and while I listened to those riffs I thought this preset was really awesome and I’m still wondering why I did not go back to this earlier.

Alas, as I tuned my XL+ (Q10) to the original preset number I saw and heard that « Blues Aroncino » has since been replaced by the « Tiny Terrier » preset as Etolkien mentioned in another thread in the AX8 forum.

I found an AX8 version of this preset on AxeChange and converted it to AxeFx with Fractool but the converted version sounds like muffled / blurred, with not as much bite and definition and air as the original recordings I made then.

I noticed in an old excel file I downloaded long ago that the original preset used to have the cab F038: 4×12 1960A G12M (RW) instead of the AX8 preset but swapping this cab did not change much.

But pushing the character amount to its max improved the similitude and since my old recordings spectrum exhibit a narrow but deep cut of -6 dB at approximately 450 Hz (that reminds me what one sometimes sees at the crossover frequency of an amplified monitor) I managed to come closer from the original sound by:
  • adding a GEQ and lowering the 500 Hz band to -12
  • lowering the amp mids to 0
  • putting 2 filters in parallel at the end of the signal chain (one with a HPF, one with an LPF, both at 450 Hz)

Yet, while it’s not so bad, this is not really the right thing. Now my sound is still more flat / full, less colorful than the original preset, and while tweaking the EQ improved things I actually still don't have this neat, clear cut at 450 Hz the original recordings spectrum has. By the way there are other neat while less deep cuts in the old recordings spectrums at 1.5 kHz and 2.6 kHz, is this lights some bulbs...

How could I find the old preset sound back or mimic it?

TIA

I did consider reinstalling the old preset bank then copying the factory preset to a user preset slot then reinstalling the current preset bank. I don't install each and every firmware version but I do make a backup every time so I can do that.

The problem is that I will be forced to restore all of the first preset bank from Q6. Will those Q6 presets work with my current firmware version Q10?

I did consider reinstalling the old preset bank then copying the factory preset to a user preset slot then reinstalling the current preset bank. I don't install each and every firmware version but I do make a backup every time so I can do that.

The problem is that I will be forced to restore all of the first preset bank from Q6. Will those Q6 presets work with my current firmware version Q10?
Using the “Axe-Mange Presets” Tool’s Browse pane, you can open a bank file and then drag and drop only the specific preset (or presets) you’re interested in onto an available preset slot on the unit.

Hi,
Grab fractool l, and extract one of your backup preset banks to individual presets on you disk. Then you can just drag the preset into axeedit and you’re done!
Thanks
Pauly

Using the “Axe-Mange Presets” Tool’s Browse pane, you can open a bank file and then drag and drop only the specific preset (or presets) you’re interested in onto an available preset slot on the unit.
Oops. I failed to do that last night since i missed the "Bank" menu entry of Axe-Manage. After some sleep and you pointing me to this feature I just succeeded this morning, at last :).

I could A/B old takes and newly restored presets and, once the levels had been adjusted, I just found this awesome sound back again in the box! Apparently there has been no incompatibilities between this old preset and the more recent firmware. Yeah!

Thanks for your help, guys!

Back
Top Bottom