How to reamp with Axe-fx Ultra and Presonus Audiobox?

I'm mixing some stuff for a friends band, and they sent me the DI's for guitars so I can reamp them with my Ultra. I'm using a Presonus Audiobox for my audio interface. It's very straightforward and simple, but I'm not sure how to go about routing everything for reamping. I've checked out the Wiki page, but I can't seem to figure this out.

Can someone help me out with this? Do I need some kind of reamping box/DI box, or can I reamp with just the Ultra and the Audiobox?

At the moment I have the Left output of the Audiobox running into the back Left input of the Axe-fx, and the Left output of the Axe-fx running into the Left input of the Audiobox. I'm just getting a bunch of feedback in Logic.

- Travis

Last edited:
For the new record track: either disable input monitoring or (if it's your source for monitoring Axe-FX) pan it right. If the AudioBox has a separate mixer program (FireBox is like this) take the same steps there. The problem is the left output is going through Axe, back to AudioBox input 1, then that signal's getting to the left (or both) outputs again somehow to create the loop.

For the new record track: either disable input monitoring or (if it's your source for monitoring Axe-FX) pan it right. If the AudioBox has a separate mixer program (FireBox is like this) take the same steps there. The problem is the left output is going through Axe, back to AudioBox input 1, then that signal's getting to the left (or both) outputs again somehow to create the loop.

Ok cool. Input monitoring is the little "I" on the track right? I have that turned off. The only sound that I'm getting through my speakers is a very quiet, slightly distorted version of the DI track. If I turn up the Input on the Axe-fx it starts to get a bit more gainy, but goes into loud feedback pretty quickly. Same thing happens if I turn up the Output except for the little bit of added gain. Do I need to set up buses or something? It seems like this routing would work just fine.

Is the AudioBox mixer knob fully in the "playback" direction? It should be. I guess there's no software mixer like the FireBox--that knob would be the other cause of a feedback loop.

Back
Top Bottom