How to prevent "Timeout" errors - Axe Edit + Fractal Bot

Synchronicity

Inspired
Hi there

For years I've had occasional "Timeout" errors whereby the Axe FX II (mk 2) is unable to communicate with my computer, requiring me to restart the axe fx...

Pretty annoying but not devastating, just wondering if anyone knows a good solution to this?

Currently on 3.03 but it has happened on every Firmware since I first got the unit (around FW11/12 if I remember correctly).

Cheers!

You can't have FractalBot running when Axe-Edit is running. It's gotta be one or the other. You will get MIDI timeouts every time. MIDI is a 35 year old standard, so while effective, it's not able to diplex in parallel, which on MIDI over USB is what you're trying to make it do, having the Axe-FX talk to Axe-Edit and FractalBot simultaneously.

Yeah usually I just have axe edit and my DAW open, "the version number could not be queried" error I've never seen before, and may have had fractal bot and axe edit open at the same time at that point (just backing up all my preset banks etc...)

Jesus Christ!!! Biggest lighting flash and shock of thunder i've seen in the UK just happened :p literally shook the doors it was so loud... might turn off my PC and axe fx II for now... just incase...

Same goes for using any other MIDI controllers (MFC included) or the Axe front panel while either Axe Edit or Fractal Bot is running. Things get out of sync and the software throws errors.

Don't mess with lightning. I once saw a tree struck by lightning about 100 yards away from where we were working outdoors. The tree's trunk literally exploded. It threw splinters of wood a good 50 yards in every direction. My ears rang and I had a headache for a good while after.

Back
Top Bottom