How to load the cabs in FW13

kevrock

Experienced
I just upgraded to 13 and I noticed that there are some cabs in the folder I'm assuming they are high res. how do I load them I've never loaded a cab before. Thanks

I tried the bot. But it said it would replace current something. So I got scared

You can select the location to put them in. In Fractal-Bot, you'll see a box you can check when you get that message that allows you to replace the current location. Just turn the knob on your AxeFX-II to make sure you are in a user cab location and you can save it there.

In Fractal-Bot, when you send a cab to slot #1 you send it to 'User Cab slot 1' the first of the 100 cab slots you manage yourself. You cannot overwrite the ones that are in the firmware - the 'factory cabs' They are Managed by Fractal Audio. The User Cabs isn't populated if you haven't uploaded anything yet, but Fractal-Bot doesn't 'know' that. It just warns you that IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING IN THE CAB SLOT YOU ARE GOING TO SEND THE CAB TO, WHAT IS THERE IS GOING TO BE OVERWRITTEN... just threat it as a reminder to check if it's something there that you might not want to overwrite, such as your favorite user-cab that is used in some presets.

When I want to send a cab to Axe I usually have Axe-Edit open, select the cab-block and check what I have allready uploaded in the user-cab area. Then it's just to decide were you want to put the cabs you want to upload, in unused slots or overwrite cabs you don't think you need at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom