How to jam online

waylander69

Inspired
Hi
Due to covid 19 I'm try to have a jam session online
So far tried zoom conferencing, fb messenger, Skype and jamkazam think zoom so far has best results but not stunning.

Has anybody else done or do online making ?
Have you found any programs that work better ?

Using my axe fx II hooked up with usb to my window 10 computer , tablet with webcam connected to computer ,
Obviously trying to minimise latency as I play guitar and my boy plays his guitar 150 miles away, he's using a Mac and an fxII

Cheers
G \../

Jamkazam with everyone on a direct ethernet connection can get latency down to 20ms, which is totally manageable

Not quite a full jam, but I was thinking about a way to trade licks with everyone playing to the same backing track. You take turns playing over the backing track locally and then talk about your approach. Then on to the next person...

Not quite a full jam, but I was thinking about a way to trade licks with everyone playing to the same backing track. You take turns playing over the backing track locally and then talk about your approach. Then on to the next person...
I believe that is what the previously mention jammer.net does.

I think jamming is out of the quesytion - at least I don't know of a program that will allow you to do it well enough. I think a better bet is to trade files for playing on. Back and forth. Then at the end of the day, week or month you have something. Everyone can mix and create. See what everybody comes up with!

In another thread someone mentioned ninjam as something designed more for jamming, but I it's a more "additive" approach.

Back
Top Bottom