How to import purchased IRs in one go?

Gilesy

Inspired
Hi all

Is there a simple way to import all IRs in a purchased pack to the user cab slots.....or do you have to do it one by one?

Also I have just used Axe-Edit but the manual says use Fractalbot. Which is the best method, please?

Thanks for your help :)
Gilesy

jlynn, thanks for replying, and sorry for being a thicky. I did search wiki and forum,but when I used axe-manage cabs it still only seemed I could do one at a time. what's the trick I am missing?

hopefully end of groundhog day approaching soon!

Gilesy

Shift click selects "contiguous cabs" and control click selects random cabs. Is that what you mean? Or "select all" in the context menu (right click menu) This is windows . You can do it on the MAc also, but keys are different, but same outcome.

Shift click selects "contiguous cabs" and control click selects random cabs. Is that what you mean? Or "select all" in the context menu (right click menu) This is windows . You can do it on the MAc also, but keys are different, but same outcome.

Thanks Stratman

I'm obviously having a bad brain day. what I am trying to achieve is the importing of multiple IRs (in my case from the Universal Noise Storage pack) into my user cab slots. When i go into Axe Manage Cabs I see 100 empty slots. If I right click on the first empty slot it gives the option to Import. but when I point it at the target folder I can only select one IR. It will not let me highlight multiple IRs. Also I have tried dragging multiple IRs in but this does not work. Where am I going wrong please?

Open the folder on your PC containing the IR's and copy and paste them into the Axe-Manage Cabs window. Easy peasy.

EDIT: Copy and Paste is the wrong terminology here. I should has said Drag and Drop to be more accurate.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Good catch and my bad. Fixed in post.

cheers Cobbler

this is strange....what you describe is exactly what I was trying from the start:
1) I go into the SysEx-II folder of the cab pack
2) highlight say 5 or the IRs and copy (via right click....copy)
3) go to the open Axe Manage Cab window
4)...but no option to paste is available

i am no computer dunce...but this seems frustratingly simple and yet I am not making progress!

any other thoughts?

are you right clicking inside cab manager?

honestly, the quicker way would be to highlight the ir's you want to use and just drag them onto the cab manager window.

are you right clicking inside cab manager?

honestly, the quicker way would be to highlight the ir's you want to use and just drag them onto the cab manager window.

I cannot explain it but we have SUCCESS.... I tried your method earlier a number of times but with no luck. Now it is working a treat...you highlight a number of the IRs and as you bring into Cab Manager the same number of slots are highlighted before you choose where to drop them. :encouragement:

Thanks all for your help and patience. enjoy the rest of your weekend.

cheers Gilesy

I cannot explain it but we have SUCCESS.... I tried your method earlier a number of times but with no luck. Now it is working a treat...you highlight a number of the IRs and as you bring into Cab Manager the same number of slots are highlighted before you choose where to drop them. :encouragement:

Thanks all for your help and patience. enjoy the rest of your weekend.

cheers Gilesy

You cannot right click and copy. You need to, as you figured out, select a range of files and drag and drop. My wording was probably a bit misleading. I have just always called that copy and pasting but technically that isn't correct.

Glad you got it working and my apologies for any confusion I may have created.

You cannot right click and copy. You need to, as you figured out, select a range of files and drag and drop. My wording was probably a bit misleading. I have just always called that copy and pasting but technically that isn't correct.

Glad you got it working and my apologies for any confusion I may have created.

Too kind, my man. Thanks for taking the time to help an apprentice.

Back
Top Bottom