How to hook up to interface and controller at same time?

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
What do I need to allow me to hook my Ultra up to my MIDI interface (In and Out) whilst simultaneously using my All Access foot controller? How should the MIDI cables be routed? It's a pain to have to keep disconnecting the MIDI cable from the IN socket every time I want to use my controller.

You'll have to use a midi-merger for combining the All Access and the midi out of uour interface.
Perhaps something like this:
mrg.jpg

MisterE said:
You'll have to use a midi-merger for combining the All Access and the midi out of uour interface.
Perhaps something like this:
mrg.jpg
Thanks. My Midisport has a feature called USB/Merge. I don't suppose this does the same thing?

I believe the Midisport is supposed to be able to do that, when in USB mode. I couldn't get it to work on my Mac, however, and I ended up modding a sample MIDI application to echo from one port to the other.

ekewaka said:
I believe the Midisport is supposed to be able to do that, when in USB mode. I couldn't get it to work on my Mac, however, and I ended up modding a sample MIDI application to echo from one port to the other.

It can not merge in usb mode. You have to get a usb charger for the unit and then you can use it as a merger. It's either or, sorry.

Doesn't your controller and/or interface have a midi thru port? I have never tried it, but I would connect my interface's out to my controllers in, then my controller's out/thru to the axefx, the the axefx's out to the interface.

too_much_power said:
Doesn't your controller and/or interface have a midi thru port? I have never tried it, but I would connect my interface's out to my controllers in, then my controller's out/thru to the axefx, the the axefx's out to the interface.
That won't work for transmitting data from both the MIDI pedal and the computer because the Axe-FX has to receive (2) different MIDI signals on its In port.

Back
Top Bottom