How to get that weird djent high note tone

BloodyHell619

I have been searching around and can't find this answer. How do you achive the weird tone on high notes in djent like in this video? Its not just technique is it? Is a special pedal used like a pitchshifter or harmonic or something?
If so is there any preset or tutorial for this tone for the ax8?

I´m also no expert in this style of music, but to me it sounds like he recorded several (at least 2) tracks on the high notes, that create this dissonant and "slightly out of tune" sound.
At 0:06 it sounds like he is playing a harmony (that doesn´t sound harmonic at all ;)) and at 0:14 ist sounds like he is doubling the lick, but with the guitar tuned a couple of cent out of tune.
Just my modest opinion as a "non djent expert". ;)

It's a harmony. You can try preprogramming a pitch block to do a half (or whole) step harmony, but it won't sound exactly like this. There won't be a substitute for tracking harmonies tightly no matter how good your gear is.

Those are half step harmonies. You can set the pitch block to fixed pitch shift with a shift of 1 step and get this sound, set the mix at 50%.
You could put it on a momentary switch and just step on that switch when doing those little fills!

Back
Top Bottom