How to get Strymon el cap delay oscillation with ext switch

Boogiem

Inspired
I used to have a AXFX II and had one switch on my RJM MMGT to get the Strymon el cap oscillation effect when switch hold down. Delay feedback parameter set to the egde of feedback.
How can I set up an ext sw on AX8 to do the same thing ?
I dont want to use the "Repat hold " switch in the delay block.
but the feedback parameter and switch off= 20% feedback and on/hold down =60% feedback
Step for step setup for dummies on the ax8 Please.. :)

Last edited:
You will first have to hook up the external switches of your RJM to the AX8's ext. switch ports 1-4 first then you would pretty much program it the same way you did your Axe FX, Right click the modifier you want to control, on the modifier page in the source window assign the number of the external controller port (EXT 1,2,3 etc) to the parameter being controlled.

You will first have to hook up the external switches of your RJM to the AX8's ext. switch ports 1-4 first then you would pretty much program it the same way you did your Axe FX, Right click the modifier you want to control, on the modifier page in the source window assign the number of the external controller port (EXT 1,2,3 etc) to the parameter being controlled.
Thanks for the answer. I got it to work, almost. I use a momentary switch (contact when hold down/ open when not held down)
I have not find where to choose between a momentary or latching switch, nor on the Editor or AX8. I want the controller to be at max when the switch is held down, and at min when I release it. Now I get max when press, and I have to press one more time to get min.

Thanks for the answer. I got it to work, almost. I use a momentary switch (contact when hold down/ open when not held down)
I have not find where to choose between a momentary or latching switch, nor on the Editor or AX8. I want the controller to be at max when the switch is held down, and at min when I release it. Now I get max when press, and I have to press one more time to get min.

Now I found a solution... To change type of switch I plug into AX8, its under Setup and I/O. Also I had to change the modifier start to 100% and end 0 % to work on my switch. :)

Back
Top Bottom