How to get around single cab block?

chrisjnyc

Power User
When I record with the Axe FX, I usually like to record two amps and two cabs with output 1 and output 2. I was thinking to get around this using the FM3 amp and cab, and then use a drive block and 2nd cab, but I dont have another cab block in the FM3. Any ideas on how to get an emulated amp\cab? EQ block to output 2?

Are you already using the Cab block in stereo?

If not you could set the Input mode to Stereo and use some creative routing to feed two distinct signals was left and right inputs and then route L/R output from the cab block to the Outputs you want.

Are there chances for a 2nd cab block on the FM3? Using EQ as a substitute is a really good hack, but not really intuitive for most people.
Running IR in your daw is ok, but also not so easy and not feasible without a pc.
I would want to use it for Bass, where I could workaround a missing 2nd amp quite easily.

Are there chances for a 2nd cab block on the FM3? Using EQ as a substitute is a really good hack, but not really intuitive for most people.
Running IR in your daw is ok, but also not so easy and not feasible without a pc.
I would want to use it for Bass, where I could workaround a missing 2nd amp quite easily.
How many IRs do you need to run? The FM3 has the ability to run two separate simultaneous IRs in a single cab block, and you can do some creative routing in and out of the cab block to blend amp and DI signal.

Reactions: JTI
So you could route two inputs into one cab block where each input only goes through one IR? Can I split the two routes behind the cab again to e.g. out the bass signal and feed the guitar signal to some wet fx? That would do the trick I think.
How many IRs do you need to run? The FM3 has the ability to run two separate simultaneous IRs in a single cab block, and you can do some creative routing in and out of the cab block to blend amp and DI signal.

So you could route two inputs into one cab block where each input only goes through one IR? Can I split the two routes behind the cab again to e.g. out the bass signal and feed the guitar signal to some wet fx? That would do the trick I think.
If you set the Cab block Input Mode to Stereo then the Left input goes to IR 1 and the right input goes to IR 2.

Pan them hard L/R...

Then you'd need to use 2 Volume blocks in parallel after that. Set Input select to Right on one and Input Select to left on the other.

That should do what you want.

Back
Top Bottom