How to emulate M/B 2:90 Deep and Modern modes? And Dyn. Voice?

Brock

Experienced
Is it possible to emulate the Deep and Modern modes of the Boogie 2:90 power amp with the Axe? If so, how?

Also, I know Dynamic Voice was discussed here http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/how-to-emulate-triaxis-dynamic-voice.69666/, but how can it be emulated on the Axe with any accuracy - e.g., how would you do a setting of 3.5 or 8.0 with any accuracy? (Going by pics like
dynamic_voice.png
is just guesswork.)

Assuming it's not easy to specifically and accurately emulate, would it be possible to get this setting build in to the Amp block of the TriAxis models on the Axe?

Have you tried the 5 band (Mark) EQ in the Amp block GEQ section and see if that gets you in the ball park?
Mesa's numbers are just weird but I would assume a more V like curve and less smiley face.

Yes. It's guess work. I'm asking if there's a way to accurate emulate the Dynamic Voice, Modern and Deep features of the two units in the Axe.

Modern mode in the Rectifier series amps removes the negative feedback from the power section making the power amp louder and more aggressive. The 2:90's modern mode mimics this. Turn down the negative feedback parameter in the amp block to simulate it.

Deep mimics the effects of the "Pull Deep" feature on Boogie Mark II and III amps. It extends the bass response of one of the last gain stages of the preamp section. Like this:

4629417552_2098350ddc.jpg

You can add some extra bass with the graphic EQ in the amp block to simulate. The depth parameter in the amp block also adds more low end, but uses negative feedback similar to the way the presence control affects the highs. Cliff added several new IIC+ models a while back that have pull deep active. Those say Deep in the name.

Back
Top Bottom