How to drone selected notes and chords

Krakadon

Inspired
I'm looking at this for practice and perforamnce. I want to be able to drone a note or chord, then play over it with a lead tone. I want to be able to do something basic like just drone a note, say a low "E" for example, and practice minor pentatonic licks or play scale shapes in all seven modes. I'd also like to be able to do something more complex like drone a chord shape, maybe a triad or whatever and do the same stuff. Also, I'd like to have the ability to change on the fly so I can change key or chord shape or whatever. I know over the years I've seen similar stuff. Can anyone help me out?

@fremen had a few presets like this for the II. i don't know if he's updated them for the III yet. hopefully he'll chime in here with some info

I'm looking at this for practice and perforamnce. I want to be able to drone a note or chord, then play over it with a lead tone. I want to be able to do something basic like just drone a note, say a low "E" for example, and practice minor pentatonic licks or play scale shapes in all seven modes. I'd also like to be able to do something more complex like drone a chord shape, maybe a triad or whatever and do the same stuff. Also, I'd like to have the ability to change on the fly so I can change key or chord shape or whatever. I know over the years I've seen similar stuff. Can anyone help me out?

Perhaps try the hold function of the reverb block connected to an external switch?

Last edited:
@fremen had a few presets like this for the II. i don't know if he's updated them for the III yet. hopefully he'll chime in here with some info

Hey Simeon, I remember that for the ULTRA, you made a preset using the synth block that droned a chord that also used LFO with a high duty to slide up and down between 2 chords.

you know it's really easy to make these type of presets with the synth. just set the "track" parameter to "off' and then the synth will drone at whatever note you set the "frequency" parameter to. use multiple voices to build a chord and then you can change the voices using the scene modifier. that way, you can step through different chords. if you're lazy, just use one synth voice and send it into the intelligent harmoniser.

here is a patch that uses the reverb block hold / i think scene 6 use your expression pedal to hold on/off what you are playing.. i put a univibe after too if ya wanna engage that for some swirl, you might try adjusting the settings in the reverb Block to whatever your personal taste preferences are.. and I left room to add in different effects as well on the drone aside from the phaser Block.

Attachments

• MORGAN AC20.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom