How to change volume level in the same amp but in two different scenes

5. Use a VolPan after the amp. This also gives you a volume knob you can attach to a pedal for fading in/out and/or just muting your rig when needed. One of my CC pedals is a dedicated volume pedal, one is a dedicated wah, and the other two are for expression pedal duties....
I used to do this. But there are many occasions when I don’t have anything connected. Is there a way to keep the vol pan at 10 when there is no pedal ?

I used to do this. But there are many occasions when I don’t have anything connected. Is there a way to keep the vol pan at 10 when there is no pedal ?
I use the externals, which have a default setting if not present. You can run the FC pedals through the externals, and it should then allow setting a default value when the FC-connected pedal is not present.

20230514_170130.jpg

20230514_170116.jpg

Scene levels. Keep them on a performance screen and you can adjust on the fly

That's what I do, just wish there was a current scene volume control, (I think this was there on the AX8), to avoid having up to 8 slots on the performance page used up. Pretty sure this is in the 'wish' thread somewhere btw.

That's what I do, just wish there was a current scene volume control, (I think this was there on the AX8), to avoid having up to 8 slots on the performance page used up. Pretty sure this is in the 'wish' thread somewhere btw.
You can put two volume blocks and have the ABCD channels set on each one for each scene

Scene 1 - Vol 1 (A)
Scene 2 - Vol 1 (B)
Scene 8 - Vol 2 (D)

And assign two parameters on scene control for them. Put the blocks at the end of your path, Bypass them correctly for each scene and you have independent scene control for each scene while only using two performance knobs total.

You can put two volume blocks and have the ABCD channels set on each one for each scene

Scene 1 - Vol 1 (A)
Scene 2 - Vol 1 (B)
Scene 8 - Vol 2 (D)

And assign two parameters on scene control for them. Put the blocks at the end of your path, Bypass them correctly for each scene and you have independent scene control for each scene while only using two performance knobs total.

Wow, that's pretty ingenious, I would never have thought of that. Still would prefer the simplicity of a current scene volume tbh, but thanks very much and I will give that some thought as a work around.

Back
Top Bottom