How to assign multiple blocks to one FM3 switch?

TubeStack

Inspired
I'm trying get switch 3 in View 1 on the FM3 to engage/bypass two blocks at once (delay and compressor). I'm using the Per Preset layout and I've assigned the delay to that switch inside Per Preset.

I've read about modifiers and control switches being a way to do this, and I'm trying to make that same switch 3 a Control Switch (or modifier?) for the Compressor block, but I can't find it in the Source menu.

I don't want to use Scenes.

I'm working on the FM3 itself, not Edit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(I've been looking in the manual but still can't figure it out.)

I'm trying get switch 3 in View 1 on the FM3 to engage/bypass two blocks at once (delay and compressor). I'm using the Per Preset layout and I've assigned the delay to that switch inside Per Preset.

I've read about modifiers and control switches being a way to do this, and I'm trying to make that same switch 3 a Control Switch (or modifier?) for the Compressor block, but I can't find it in the Source menu.

I don't want to use Scenes.

I'm working on the FM3 itself, not Edit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(I've been looking in the manual but still can't figure it out.)
I think you need to assign the group to a control switch
look in the manual under control switch grouping

Okay, I've got both blocks getting activated by switch 3. I had to make switch 3 a Control Switch in Per Preset and then go inside each block and assign its bypass state to that Control Switch.

However, the switch light is backwards to how I'd like it: it's on when the blocks are bypassed and off when they are active... can't seem to flip it around.

Also, just to clarify, the reason I wanted to do it this way and not use Scenes (though Scenes is way easier), is because so far, when I use Scenes but then activate an effect with a different switch (that's not in the Scene), and then go to another Scene, the effect I activated gets bypassed, where I'd rather have it stay on. I haven't figured out how to change that, yet.

(And I just wanted to know how to do it this way, just to know. :))

Also, just to clarify, the reason I wanted to do it this way and not use Scenes (though Scenes is way easier), is because so far, when I use Scenes but then activate an effect with a different switch (that's not in the Scene), and then go to another Scene, the effect I activated gets bypassed, where I'd rather have it stay on. I haven't figured out how to change that, yet.

(And I just wanted to know how to do it this way, just to know. :))
Have you tried setting Scene Revert to Off?

Scene revert isn't relevant to this.

FC Per Preset menu (push D knob on main screen), CS Per Scene page: set CS1 to "last" for all scenes.

Scene revert isn't relevant to this.

FC Per Preset menu (push D knob on main screen), CS Per Scene page: set CS1 to "last" for all scenes.
Sorry... I just reread his last post regarding scenes and realized it wasn't about the effect reverting to the stored setting.

You are correct as usual :)

Back
Top Bottom