How to adjust main output clip ?

flamurp

When I donwload tone form forums, some of presets clipping "main output clip". red light blinking on AX8.
Question?
Where do i need to adjust , so , do NOT affect the tone and fix "main output clipping"?

Any block output level would do it. Just don't touch the amp blocks 'master volume' which is part of the amp model. Instead adjust the level in the blocks output section. And, of course, the output block itself on the grid allows you to adjust the preset level.

Last edited:
The Amp block Level parameter is the place that is the simplest place to adjust and doesn't affect the tone of the preset.

I would suggest checking the Level parameters in the different blocks and adjust them all to zero as a starting point. I've seen some crazy things done in presets so don't presume that everything's good when it comes to levels.

The Amp block Level parameter is the place that is the simplest place to adjust and doesn't affect the tone of the preset.

I would suggest checking the Level parameters in the different blocks and adjust them all to zero as a starting point. I've seen some crazy things done in presets so don't presume that everything's good when it comes to levels.

I usually attach a scene controller to the amp blocks level control to balance scenes and attach an external pedal to the cab blocks level control to get an overall level control.

Hi Guys

I am not a pro level user on the AX8. I am also having a clipping problem. I am not following the above. AX8 is clipping and the red clipping light is coming on. Do I adjust the input gain on the Amp block? Or is there a simple knob I can turn down to prevent this problem? I don't want to impact my tone. Its happening with the looper preset that came with the AX8. Would appreciate your advice. Thank you.

-Are using a stock preset or one you made?
-Have you checked all output levels?
-Have you check the scene levels at the output block to make sure there are not any increases?
-What is your I/O settings?

Post a preset for review.

Hello Hanuman,

Thanks for responding. It is the standard preset that came with the AX8. It was called LooperDemo. I didn't touch the output block (seems like its default settings). I am only using two scenes that came with the preset. I tried reducing the with the Output volume knob on the AX8 but the red clipping light (main output clip) is still coming on even at low levels (OUT 1 main). Its not clipping today on my studio monitors like yesterday but I have gig tomorrow and will be connecting to a PA and concerned it might give me problems. Below are some pics of the AX8 Edit screen. Having some difficulty loading the other images from my iPhone. Will try again tomorrow. What should the IO settings be?

Attachments

• IMG_8853.jpg
    IMG_8853.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8854.jpg
    IMG_8854.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2
Hello Hanuman, Thanks for responding. It is the standard preset that came with the AX8. It was called LooperDemo. I didn't touch the output block (seems like its default settings). I am only using two scenes that came with the preset. I tried reducing the with the Output volume knob on the AX8 but the red clipping light (main output clip) is still coming on even at low levels (OUT 1 main). Its not clipping today on my studio monitors like yesterday but I have gig tomorrow and will be connecting to a PA and concerned it might give me problems. Below are some pics of the AX8 Edit screen. Having some difficulty loading the other images from my iPhone. Will try again tomorrow. What should the IO settings be?

Try this:

Back
Top Bottom