How to add a mix dial to the wah block

ChristThePhone

Fractal Fanatic
Experimenting with a cocked wah block in front of an amp. Is there an economic way of dialing in a mix of wah vs direct input signal going into the amp block ?

In parallel to what ?
To the original signal. So that you have one shunt and on another block parallel the Wah.
To adjust the dry, maybe you can also put a volume block parallel to the Wah.

I am using a parallel Wah usually if I place the Wah-block behind the Amp-block. The original signal in parallel helps to lessen the Wah effect like turning the 'Mix' down.

The FAT parameter is a mix control (max 50%).

Tried that. Doesn't seem to have the desired effect. I lowered the wah resonance which seems to work better but not perfect.

To the original signal. So that you have one shunt and on another block parallel the Wah.
To adjust the dry, maybe you can also put a volume block parallel to the Wah.

I am using a parallel Wah usually if I place the Wah-block behind the Amp-block. The original signal in parallel helps to lessen the Wah effect like turning the 'Mix' down.

That's what I feared you would recommend. In order to be able to adjust the mix I would need another block in parallel to the wah and then adjust both block levels to change the mix. Thank you, it works but it is neither handy nor economic. I wonder why it has never occurred to FAS to add a mix dial to the wah block (an idea I actually came across in one of @Glenn DeLaune 's YT videos on creating Helix patches).

Tried that. Doesn't seem to have the desired effect. I lowered the wah resonance which seems to work better but not perfect.

That's what I feared you would recommend. In order to be able to adjust the mix I would need another block in parallel to the wah and then adjust both block levels to change the mix. Thank you, it works but it is neither handy nor economic. I wonder why it has never occurred to FAS to add a mix dial to the wah block (an idea I actually came across in one of @Glenn DeLaune 's YT videos on creating Helix patches).
Probably because a real wah doesn't have a mix control... The other Axe Fx blocks with a Mix (at least, the ones I know about) have one in their real life counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom