How to activate Tuner

rayneman

First gig tonight with my new FM9. I am using the OMGFM9 layout, which is perfect for me. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get to the tuner from this layout. I realize there's all sorts of ways to modify the switches and layouts, but I'm just at the point where this unit is very new to me and I just haven't had the time to get way into it yet, even though this is simple stuff to many. I am coming from an AXE3 / FC12 rig, and the tuner was just THERE on the FC12 layout I had going. I admittedly never got into all the layout possibilities because it just worked out for me out of the box.

I suppose I can reach down and turn on the tuner via the FM9 panel, but there's gotta be an easy way to get at it from the footswitches.

I would very much appreciate if someone could help out an FM9 newbie here, this is the last piece of the puzzle getting my new rig ready for tonight.

Thanks

From FM3 I know that the tempo switch also activates the tuner, this option seems to not exist in FM9, or is it on any other switch than tempo?

From FM3 I know that the tempo switch also activates the tuner, this option seems to not exist in FM9, or is it on any other switch than tempo?
Depends on what layouts are being used... But you can set any switch to do that.

Edit:

Also, see my previous post.

Tuner on Heel Down is a great idea, but in practice it does not work for me. It instantly mutes all audio. When doing ambient volume swells with the pedal assigned to a volume block, it instantly mutes (cuts off) delay and ambient effects if I accidentally get into the first 5% range of the pedal sweep.

@Admin M@ Enhancement request: I'm sure this has been asked before (sorry I did not do a search). Would it be possible for FAS to add a slight delay before the tuner turns on? Half a second would probably be sufficient.

Tuner on Heel Down is a great idea, but in practice it does not work for me. It instantly mutes all audio. When doing ambient volume swells with the pedal assigned to a volume block, it instantly mutes (cuts off) delay and ambient effects if I accidentally get into the first 5% range of the pedal sweep.

@Admin M@ Enhancement request: I'm sure this has been asked before (sorry I did not do a search). Would it be possible for FAS to add a slight delay before the tuner turns on? Half a second would probably be sufficient.
My solution to this was to change the settings on the tuner so that it doesn't mute on activation. The volume is already muted by virtue of the pedal being in the heel down position. Swells are totally smooth using this configuration.

My solution to this was to change the settings on the tuner so that it doesn't mute on activation. The volume is already muted by virtue of the pedal being in the heel down position. Swells are totally smooth using this configuration.
Nice tip. I'll give that a try.

Update: That works great. @Admin M@ No need for an enhancement.

Tuner on Heel Down is a great idea, but in practice it does not work for me. It instantly mutes all audio.
I’ve got a volume block immediately after the CAB, and before any reverbs or delays. The pedal adjusts the VOL block, but anything already in the reverb and delay chains keeps ringing out.

I’ve got a volume block immediately after the CAB, and before any reverbs or delays. The pedal adjusts the VOL block, but anything already in the reverb and delay chains keeps ringing out.
What he said happens because Tuner is set to mute output. Regardless of the placement of the volume pedal this would happen. Changing tuner to mute Input allows trails and the looper to play while you tune.

Same here. As Chris said, the problem is the tuner was set to mute output which kills all audio regardless of the signal chain.

Exactly what I do as well.

I really like having the tuner activate when I turn off my volume pedal...don't know why anyone would want it any other way; saves a switch, and usually you mute to tune anyway.

Back
Top Bottom