How to achieve usable distortion?

New study ranks countries on environmental impact -- ScienceDaily

Sorry to disturb your reality, bro.

Brazil and the US are ranked higher than China.

If we only take carbon dioxide, then yes, China is ranked higher than the US. However, US is still second place, creating more carbon emission than the complete european union!

If we compare the carbon emission per capita from China and US (which imho matters a lot more than the absolute), the US generates 2.3 times more carbon dioxide per capita than china with a whopping 16.400 tons of C02 per capita.

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I see your lone Australian study, and raise you this long term, more widely accepted Yale ranking system.

Country Rankings | Environmental Performance Index

Well, the old lady went to work, and so did I. I got so much usable distortion I thought I fried my pre-amp. I had to put
my amp on standby and let it cool off. We'll see what we can get out of it tomorrow.

I see your lone Australian study, and raise you this long term, more widely accepted Yale ranking system.

Country Rankings | Environmental Performance Index
As they say; the only statistic you can trust is the one you falsified yourself.

It really depends on what factors you focus on and what you take in and out and your results will vary a lot.

The Yale system takes things like infrastructure into consideration (access to sanitary facilities, air pollution), which of course, megacities in china will fail. But we compare a country that has roughly the same size as the US but five times the number of inhabitants - and to top that, two thirds of china is covered by mountains, which makes the population density skyrocket.

And to be perfectly honest with you, it's actually a shame that the US is only 33th place in Yale ranking. Even poor countries like poland, hungary, serbia and slovakia perform better than the US. Switzerland has roughly six times the polulation density the US has and scores first place - and that with only 13/100 points in fishery (which kind of makes this whole study absurd anyway, as switzerland doesn't even have direct access to the open sea).

But go ahead, point your finger...

Back
Top Bottom